NEW YORK, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, SEMPO, DMA, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with iMarketing LTD, a leading full-service online marketing agency that delivers measurable results for clients such as Yahoo, Dow Jones, Barclays Group and American Express. iMarketing’s analytical and performance-based approach enables clients to profitably acquire new customers and increase revenues through a wide range of online channels. Check out iMarketing’s CEO, Keith Kochberg, as he explains the firm’s value prop to Fox News …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: In the last 18 months, EcommerceRecruiter.com has been very blessed to receive tons of inquiries from fine companies seeking our assistance with ecommerce recruitment. Because I am not in the position to handle every search, I am afforded the luxury of working only with the best companies whose searches can be closed on the back of a single story. (After all, I’m a storyteller.)
I’m always on the lookout for a hook: If I were a candidate, why would I want to go to work for this client? What’s so special about them? Do they have a competitive advantage that will allow my team to generate more sales at higher margins? Are the underlying economics of their business favorable? Why do their customers do business with them again and again? And so forth.
Basically, I’m trying to answer the $64 question: “If I were a venture capitalist, would I invest my own money, time, and reputation in this business?” Very often, if I’m satisfied, my candidates will be too.
So here’s the deal: iMarketing is a healthy, profitable, and growing interactive agency that helps clients cost-effectively acquire customers online. The firm’s success metrics might include a sale, a lead, a subscription, or any other measurable action that is dictated by their clients. Yet unlike most interactive agencies, iMarketing uses any and all methods of customer acquisition, both online and off.
And to me, that’s the hook. These guys know more about integrated, multichannel customer acquisition and reactivation than any firm I’ve ever vetted. And given where search is headed, iMarketing is a versatile search marketer’s paradise.
However, this is a VP level position. We’re looking for an experienced, future-oriented search marketer with significant management, strategy, and team-building experience. This position will oversee P&L for the Search Marketing Group, ensuring revenue goals and resource needs are met.
Candidates must be absolute top performers – intelligent, strategically and financially literate, analytical, net-savvy, and creative – and willing to work hard as part of a larger team. This position is ideal for a seasoned executive looking to work with experienced online marketing professionals in a high-performance, results driven environment.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Oversee P&L for search marketing group, ensuring revenue goals and resource needs are met.
- Manage a team of 5 Search team members, including performance, development, and training
- Supervise development, implementation and maintenance of comprehensive plans and strategy to achieve Client objectives and targets
- Define and implement standardized processes/workflows for Client campaign management and internal activities
- Oversee reporting and analytics processes for Search Team
- Perform in-depth quantitative analysis of search marketing campaigns and identify more advanced analysis areas for analysts
- Review and standardize tools and documents used by the Services and Account Management teams.
- Manage high-level relationships with primary vendors (Google, Yahoo!, MSN, and tools providers)
- Implement intelligent and disciplined testing to increase web site and landing page conversion rates across clients
- Work with Account Management team to facilitate client communications flow and fulfill Client needs
- Support Business Development with collateral, research, and support Account Management in Client presentations for Search.
- Identify / assess online marketing trends to develop Client marketing opportunities
- Support programs associated with our Client’s online marketing efforts
- 10+ years of online marketing experience in ROI-driven, highly accountable Search Marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience directly managing Search Marketing teams (no experience managing teams, no consideration)
- Sound business acumen, financial analysis skills, strategic thinking, and analytical capability
- Direct management of online campaigns across multiple search vendors and tools (including, but not limited to: Google, Yahoo!, MSN, Ask.com, AOL)
- Solution-oriented thinker with a strong attention to detail, analytics, and persuasive presentation of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to interface with a variety of personnel at multiple levels as well as clients and vendors
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions and tactical team plans
- Extensive use of PPC bidding tools, as well as hands-on/manual PPC techniques
- Experience with Landing Page Testing and Optimization and how it relates to Quality Scores
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with all online marketing related technologies, including HTML, pixel and non-pixel based tracking, datafeeds, XML, etc.
- Experience with other online media formats (Display, Email, Co-Reg, Contextual, etc.) a strong plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry Joiner for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)