VIRGINIA BEACH, VA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with Delta Education in their search for an Affiliate Marketing Manager, in Virginia Beach, VA. Delta is an educational services company that operates for-profit, post secondary schools serving the growing need for career-oriented education in the new service economy. Delta’s schools offer primarily Associate degree and diploma programs in fields with high employer demand, including healthcare, information technology and business. Its core mission is to provide educational programs that deliver real-life career skills and lead directly to employment upon graduation.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Affiliate Marketing Manager plays a vital role in ensuring the efficiency and efficacy of advertising expense devoted towards providing Delta campuses and Miller-Motte College Online with optimized lead volume and quality.
This individual is responsible for the day to day management of our affiliates, with direct relationships with all networks, aggregators and advertising partners externally and local, regional and corporate staff. The affiliate marketing manager has the responsibility of increasing the efficiency and efficacy of lead flow from paid lead vendors, in addition to negotiating costs, defining geographical, program, pricing and other criteria for vendors on a location by location basis.
In addition, this individual is responsible for acquiring and developing new and direct partnerships with high quality affiliates on a pay per lead basis in addition to the management of the creative approval process. The individual is responsible for the analysis of the efficacy of all affiliate advertising expense at the most granular level, measuring campus / online, program, source, and landing page specific efficacy using data driven analysis and insight to lead our campuses in meeting enrollment targets within budgetary constraints, significantly enhancing the company wide return on advertising expense.
This particular role will be responsible for two strategically critical components of the Delta Career Education Corporation network of schools, The Creative Circus and Miller-Motte College Online. In their capacity they will serve to enhance the overall online marketing strategy for MMCO and the Circus by focusing on identify additional lead generation opportunities from paid web lead providers in addition to more broad online marketing opportunities in Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, PPC / Display and other forms. The individual will assume the role of day to day operations and management of all inbound paid web leads for each of these locations as well as follow up reporting and analysis on lead quality and operational efficiency.
- Manages relationships with all affiliate networks, aggregators and direct partners
- Optimizes affiliate campaigns for all campuses by partnering with IT and third party partners and networks, leveraging technology platforms to enhance analytical capabilities
- Works directly with campus and Miller-Motte College Online to monitor issues and to ensure leads are being delivered properly through IT systems
- Works hand in hand with Admissions personnel to appropriately manage lead deletion, credit requests and multiple inquiry lead merges
- Communicate with all Campus Directors / DOA / admissions personnel regarding lead issues / quality related matters, escalate and annotate as noted
- Review data related to affiliate providers to analyze trends and recommend / execute adjustments to ensure optimal return on investment based upon a variety of factors including:
- Programs (product)
- Zip Codes (geographical)
- Education History
- Conduct weekly / monthly reporting and analysis related to enrollment rates, cost per acquisition and outcomes metrics to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Handle weekly accounting (compiling of costs and invoices) for paid web lead vendors for hand-off to accounting for processing and reconciliation
- Forecast and project enrollments by campus on a monthly basis
- Manage internal IT and admissions processes related to campusvue / lead notification and assignment to ensure optimal distribution of leads across campuses, admissions representatives and the delta contact center
- Manage relationships with all lead providers to ensure optimal lead costs
- Manage lead volume across all vendors to ensure that the company stays on plan and within budget for leads and enrollments based upon trend analysis and internal ROI objectives, optimized based upon admissions staffing levels and efficiency of campuses at converting paid web leads
- Manage all compliance related aspects to our lead purchases including but not limited to landing page, third party advertising and creative, third party call center scripting and beyond to ensure internal / DOE and accrediting body compliance with respect to all rules and regulations, particularly Program Integrity rules to be enacted 7/1/2011
- Establish benchmark reporting by vendor for all lead attributes and dimensions, setting up a feedback loop for consistent improvement of enrollment rate performance over time
- Conduct monthly vendor analysis and reporting
- Institute vendor or attribute level caps / cuts / increases in lead volume based upon internal and external reporting metrics
- Negotiate and develop additional relationships with direct partners to drive higher quality leads at a lower cost per acquisition directly to Delta controlled landing pages through the use of online marketing on a CPL basis (reduce compliance risk, ensure high quality)
- Establish programs for maximizing efficiency of admissions handling of paid web and outbound leads (auto outbound – speak2lead, etc.)
- Work closely with internal compliance team and campuses to ensure that all Delta online marketing efforts, including but not limited to paid affiliate leads and Delta owned properties meet all internal, DOA and accrediting body requirements, particularly Program Integrity rules to be enacted 7/1/2011
- Identify areas of incremental lead generation growth based upon industry and competitive analysis beyond the direct purchase of leads. Determine online mediums where lead generators and affiliates are having success and incorporate into Delta online marketing strategy in search of incremental CPL savings and lead volume growth that meet internal ROI metrics on a campus, program and outcome level.
- Knowledge of lead management, sales force life cycles, affiliate networks and/or similar experience working with affiliates in Education, Retail or Services sectors that rely heavily on leads in a B2C or B2B environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills are key to the success of this individual, with the ability to quickly adapt in a fast paced environment. The ability to model and analyze data to identify relationships and make decisions between many variables is at the crux of ensuring optimized marketing efficiency.
- Handles assignments across varying areas of expertise and will likely be called upon to serve in multiple roles with respect to online and traditional marketing. Demonstrates tactical and strategic critical thinking with the ability to turn analysis and insight into action to drive marketing channel efficiency.
- Self Management: Work is performed with general strategic direction. Determines objectives of program based on program analysis and insight. This individual is largely responsible for the efficacy of a critical part of our business and will drive enhanced advertising and marketing efficiency.
- Develops and presents material for review and information using strong written, verbal, and graphical communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively to senior management. A strong relationship builder. The core values that drive internal and external working relationships and partnerships are teamwork, open and frank discussion, and respect for others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study (Economics, Business, Marketing, etc.)
- Significant experience in the role of affiliate / online marketing manager or online marketing analyst with an in depth knowledge of the online marketing realm
- Excellent analytical prowess, with the ability to use data-driven analysis using technology tools available
- Experience using excel and advanced excel functions
- Knowledge and understanding of databases, in particular MS SQL server and the ability to perform basic queries preferred.
UPDATE: This search is CLOSED. To see our other searches, please click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)