New York, NY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with kgb in their search for a Senior Marketing Manager based in New York, NY. kgb is a privately held, New York-based company and the world’s largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services.
In 2010, kgb harnessed its database of hyper-local directory assistance information to launch KGBDeals.com, a deal site that brings its members daily discounts on popular products and services; By March 2011, kgbdeals was offering deals in more than 100 cities globally and had become the third largest daily deal business in the world.
Also in 2010 in the U.S. and Europe, kgb launched KGBPeople.com, a people search engine that enables consumers to monitor their profile on the Web, set alerts, and manage their reputation online. Last year kgb served more than a hundred million consumers globally.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Global Customer Acquisition, will be responsible for acquiring customers for the kgbdeals business. This position will be focused on the US with a Global remit with respect to online display advertising.
The successful candidate will utilize multiple acquisition strategies including grass roots, performance networks (Co-reg, Display, etc.), partnerships & direct response display advertising. This person should have experience with these channels as well as the analytic skills required to optimize efforts and acquire high quality buyers through effective campaign management.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Define, scope, develop and execute online demand generation campaigns with internal and external partners.
- Develop briefs and manage the creative and data processes according to brand guidelines.
- Manage internal relationships with various stakeholders including design, analytics, and brand marketing teams.
- Manage external relationships with all agencies & vendors.
- Work alongside analytics team and agencies to review results, develop actionable insights and make recommendations to continually optimize campaigns.
- Partner with the content & community teams on social marketing programs.
- Monitor consumer trends and generate competitive insights in order to improve campaign performance; prepare competitive analysis as needed.
- Serve as the primary media expert for display, including brand and direct response media, driving strategy and execution.
- Create, execute (negotiate, buy) and manage online media strategies and programs (CPM, CPC, CPA, custom) to maximize performance and profitability across our acquisition plan.
- Analyze multiple sources of external and internal data (demographics, psychographics, media consumption, user profiles, reach and frequency, competitive analysis, attribution models) to assist in planning and buying decisions.
- Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to creative and media optimization.
- Oversee banner and landing page creative implementation and testing across online media buys
- 5-7 years in a customer acquisition role in an e-commerce or publishing environment
- Experienced in managing online campaigns from inception through delivery (display buys, performance networks, partnerships, grass roots).
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail in order to optimize campaigns.
- Consistently consider brand perception and customer journey across all marketing tasks.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and adept at highlighting new opportunities with existing or new campaigns or marketing tactics.
- Solid understanding of customer acquisition / activation / retention cycle, as well as the concept and applications of customer lifetime value.
- Confident persuasive communicator who can demonstrate experience working with varied stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Statistics, Business or a related field preferred
- Ability to work in an integrated creative environment and to translate analytics into actionable acquisition strategies
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communications, organizational and creative skills are essential
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1368 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.