SAN FRANCISCO, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been put on HOLD. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with ivgStores in their search for a Director of Ecommerce Marketing based in San Francisco, CA. ivgStores is an eight year old Florida based multi-niche etailer that had $39 million sales in 2011 (IR-280) and just opened a new office in San Francisco.
ivgStores is looking for a "guru" who knows ecommerce inside and out, and has been looking for a chance to get a piece of a company whose growth he or she can significantly impact; someone who can fully develop, rapidly and effectively implement, manage and expand their very rudimentary SEO, paid search and affiliate program and help them launch comparison shopping, blogs, social media, loyalty and email programs.
ivgStores is self-funded, has always been profitable, and grew 70% last year with over 100,000 customers, 250,000 products and 400 niche sites, despite having virtually no email programs, no comparison shopping (except free Google Shopping), no social media, no blogs, no loyalty program, no contests, dated (but white hat) SEO, almost no promotions, no reputation management, and no real affiliate management.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Director of Ecommerce Marketing is a proven manager, has a strong combination of analysis and action, and has the full breadth of experience and knowledge to increase traffic and sales to the ivgStores sites.
- Strategically develop, execute and manage online marketing and sales strategies, and initiatives that emphasize sales growth, customer acquisition and conversion, and drive profitable incremental sales, while exceeding revenue, ROI and customer acquisition targets.
- Manage and test SEO, PPC, shopping networks, social media, affiliates, email campaigns and more.
- Build goals and forecasts by segment, establishing and meeting performance metrics including revenue, profitability and traffic.
- Build and monitor marketing budgets, keeping expenses at targeted proportions to sales.
- Track and report marketing performance to ensure informed decisions and optimal performance across all marketing channels.
- Work closely with all departments:
- Outbound Phone Sales (remotely in Florida);
- Content Management (blogs, SEO);
- Vendor Management (building relationships with their many suppliers);
- Category/Site Management/Merchandising (overseeing internet promotions, managing execution of all campaigns, marketing offers, and marketing calendars);
- Product Development (managing data feeds to affiliates and shopping engines and coordinating product, inventory, and pricing updates to achieve a positive ROI).
- Recruit, retain and develop staff, who meet quality and ROI/budget goals.
- Develop and implement a coordinated reputation management program.
- Develop requirements/specifications for web features and user experience that would help drive customer acquisition, customer retention, and conversion, working closely with engineering, then overseeing roll outs and implementation.
- Proven track record in growing web traffic to drive higher traffic and conversion.
- Strategic thinker and leader in all marketing disciplines to ensure the highest ROI.
- A proven "gets-it-done" implementer.
- SEO savvy with proven past improvement of natural search results.
- Experience managing paid search vendors.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an understanding of web analytics and reporting tools.
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively communicate strategies & results.
- Ability to analyze problems and come up with quick and long term solutions.
- Able to identify opportunities for streamlining processes and programs.
- Experienced in E-mail Marketing including experience in testing e-mail designs and offers.
- Experienced in social network marketing campaigns in gaining positive exposure on Facebook and Twitter, plus knowledge about Google Plus.
- 5+ years of online marketing experience, including 2+ years in consumer/retail E-Commerce with a proven track record of driving growth.
- Web Savvy and on top of current Internet Retail trends, opportunities and tools.
- Required Marketing SkillsEmail marketing, SEM/PPC, Retargeting, Social Media marketing, Blog development/outreach, Affiliate marketing, Comparison Shopping Engines (CSEs), SEO, Analytics, Loyalty Development, A/B & testing, Active Twitter/Facebook/Google+/LinkedIn user.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1373 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)