PORTLAND, OR – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
We are working with Knowledge Universe in their search for a Manager of Acquisition Marketing based in Portland, OR.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
Knowledge Universe is a leading global education organization with a network of more than 3,700 locations worldwide, employing over 40,000 education professionals, operating large on-line schools, colleges, international schools and school management systems which together touch over four million students daily.
KU is the nation’s largest private provider of early childhood and school-age education and care, serving more than 250,000 children in the United States. The Company is committed to enhancing the educational opportunities for children, families, and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
KinderCare. Knowledge Beginnings. Cambridge Schools. The Grove School. Combined, these brands operate in 39 states and have more than 1,600 community-based early learning centers and employer partnerships. Centers provide care and education for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and school-age children.
Check out this video of Matt Arnzen, the hiring manager for this role:
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Manager of Acquisition Marketing is responsible for building a center of excellence across the KU enterprise by driving results across all acquisition channels including Web, Search, Email, and Affiliates.
The Manager of Acquisition Marketing will:
- Show a passion the digital channel and embrace what is now and what comes next while helping the organization scale.
- Have the ability to articulate an acquisition strategy, build the business case, prove the value and present the plan to numerous groups across the organization.
- Be obsessed with metrics, constantly looking for ways to optimize our programs with a focus on driving enrollments.
- Understand how media channels effect each other and how the channels can best work together to achieve our business results.
- Have a background that focuses on acquisition, understanding SEM, SEO, Email Marketing, Direct Response and targeting methodologies.
- Constantly refine, optimize, test, and report while being able to shift course quickly to maximize opportunities.
- Partner and Collaborate with our digital marketing agencies.
The Manager’s day should start by logging into their dashboard to see results from the previous day, reacting to what they are seeing and spending time getting it to where they want it and thinking about what comes next.
Manager of Acquisition Marketing will be responsible for driving leads and enrollments, sourcing potential partners, setting up success criteria and corresponding tracking, and helping to scale all efforts.
- Become a trusted, “go to” resource for all things acquisition including strategy, tactics, metrics, measurement, optimization, agency management.
- Drive acquisition efforts for each business unit leveraging the scale of the enterprise and enterprise relationships.
- Conceive, create and execute segmented and targeted email campaigns to deliver lead growth, customer retention, and increased consumer engagement
- Develop comprehensive email marketing programs including newsletters, promotions and alerts.
- Accountability for all media metrics including leads, CPC, CPL, and CPE.
- Responsible for owning leads and enrollments driven through the web and call channels and working to optimize the web sites to achieve most effective conversion.
- Working closely with marketing channel leads (VP Digital, VP CRM, and Communications) to integrate plans/programs across digital channels.
- Fanatical about the digital channel, program performance and continuous optimization.
- Aggregator and presenter of best practices in all things digital and acquisition
- Develop relationships between acquisition channels, web sites, email and other digital channels
- Lead and consult on acquisition with all LOBs
- Partnership sourcing and managing
- Agency management
- Program conversion
- Matchback of leads to enrollments
- Lead & Enrollment volume
- Quality of leads definition, implementation and tracking
- Call center integration
- Brand perception
- Cross sell and up sell revenue
- Delivery on time and budget for all projects
- Comprehensive projections, measurements and tracking of all projects
- 5 – 10+ years digital media and acquisition
- Strong working knowledge of all acquisition tactics
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with high touch, highly experiential brands
- Proven leadership ability – up, across, down
- Integration of offline and online channels
- Experience with multiple brands within one enterprise
- Highly flexible, nimble
- Must be willing and able to define and articulate strategy as well as get their hands dirty
- Can play a trusted advisor role and advise LOBs on acquisition strategy
- Experience with Omniture Site Catalyst, Search Center and Test & Target
- Experience with Exact Target email platform
- Industry knowledge of CAN-SPAM
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1351 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.