TAMPA, FL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with FKQ Advertising + Marketing in their search for a sharp, motivated Account Director.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Efficiently and effectively manage the client relationship (current and new prospecting) to provide excellent service, comprehensive advertising and marketing solutions and manage the internal process to maintain an acceptable profit margin for the agency.
- Monitor workflow across account team to ensure efficient delegation of projects.
- Manage the overall client/account P&L, ensuring responsible financial management and delivery of account profit expectations.
- Demonstrate consistently sound judgment and creative thinking.
- Provide unflappable and inspired leadership.
- Ensure resources and opportunities are available for the account team to gain needed skills and abilities.
- Manage budgets and deliver programs within projected costs, including developing detailed marketing program cost estimates, business cases, and ROI models.
- Analyze financial statements and present financial justification for strategic recommendations.
- Assume a leading role in the review and evaluation of the quality of the Agency’s product for all major creative, media, strategic and marketing strategies at the critical stages of their development, presentation and implementation.
- Deliver key presentations to small and large groups including Marketing Managers, Director, Vice President, and C-level stakeholders.
- Works with clients to advance their business needs and develop long-range communications and marketing plans. Foster Agency involvement in these plans.
- Grow existing accounts through taking on additional responsibilities (expansion of channels) as appropriate.
- Lead client stakeholders of all levels in marketing, finance, management and technical roles through processes to assess and prioritize business needs and lead client stakeholders through a process to secure commitment and consensus around prioritized business needs.
- Ensure team enjoys high morale (across departments), is appropriately rewarded, and consistently delivers superior work.
- Ensure that the Agency is associated with outstanding creative work that is both strategic and breakthrough.
- Contribute to, and support the efforts of the Executive Committee
- Lead internal teams, partners, and client stakeholders to assess, define and refine various strategies and tactics to deliver against business goals.
- Build commitment and consensus among client sponsors, influencers, operational contributors and financial stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities across large scale, complex marketing projects with multiple dependencies, restrictive timelines and risks.
- Responsible for the financial profitability and growth of the accounts they lead.
- Ultimately responsible for accurate revenue forecasting, and timely client billing and bill payments.
- Build solid, trusted relationships with team members, clients, and industry thought leaders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s business, beyond existing contracted channels and has a clear understanding of business events on client and program priorities and success.
- Advises senior agency management on the status of each business, client relationships and specific opportunities or problems.
- Evaluate staffing conditions to balance workload and profitability.
- 7+ years of account management experience
- 3+ years of digital experience
- Ability to manage, grow and develop a large account team.
- Previous experience working with big brand accounts, healthcare preferred.
- Bilingual a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1338 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.