WILLISTON, VT – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
“catalog” AND “direct mail” AND ( “Dallas” OR “Plano”) AND ( “texas” OR “tx”)
We are working with American Meadows in their search for an Ecommerce Marketing Director based in Williston, VT. American Meadows (AmericanMeadows.com) is a leading online retailer of gardening products. The company strives to provide gardeners with the products and confidence they need to succeed.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
This role reports to one of the managing partners and represents an excellent opportunity for the proper candidate to be a key member of a growing and successful e-commerce organization. This person will be tasked with 4 of the biggest, most important priorities our company has:
- Drive people to the web site.
- Get them to buy.
- Make them come back to learn, interact and/or buy again.
- Help company build business through visionary long-term thinking.
Individual Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, execute and manage a Search Engine Optimization strategy to optimize qualified organic traffic.
- Manage all 3rd party relationships pertinent to online marketing:
- Email Marketing (Bronto)
- Customer Reviews (PowerReviews)
- PPC Management (PageZero)
- Shopping Feeds (Google Shopping, Singlefeed, Price Grabber, others)
- Other relationships current and TBD.
- Monitor, report and create strategies relevant to industry trends and tactics.
- Ownership of Google Analytics setup, monitoring and performance.
- Onsite user experience: Identify and execute an ongoing A/B testing strategy for conversion optimization.
- Identify and manage relevant affiliate and remarketing opportunities.
- Work with existing staff to design an ongoing strategy around content creation and management to build upon our existing information and create a year-round resource for gardeners.
- Develop strategies to meet the financial goals of the company while managing the online marketing budget.
- Design, execute and evaluate a mobile commerce strategy.
Team Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manage strategies for customer acquisition and retention across all marketing channels.
- Promotional planning for online marketing and email, as well as input in other marketing efforts.
- Work with customer service, operations and web development to leverage technology for a continually-improving customer experience.
- Work to segment customer base and develop resulting outreach and management.
- Manage the team overseeing social media strategy and execution.
- Evaluate new business opportunities that leverage current capabilities and customers.
- Direct and measurable experience with online marketing, including SEO, PPC management, email marketing, web analytics and other directly relevant subjects. Must be able to demonstrate measurable online performance improvements at previous role(s).
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience.
- Must have experience directly related to B2C selling environments.
- Mail order experience a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience or training in graphic arts or onsite layout or page elements is a plus.
- Knowledge of or desire to learn gardening-specific products and information.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-minded individual who handles deadlines, is self-motivated and looks to grow their skills.
- Experience managing direct reports preferred. (This role currently has no direct reports, but the ideal candidate would have the management skills to consolidate existing roles into a focused team.)
- Willingness to ‘do what it takes’ to contribute to the success of a small, growing business.
- A positive outlook on life and a sense of humor are always a plus!
- This role requires the individual to work from the Burlington, Vermont area.
Position offers compensation commensurate with the required skill set and local marketplace. Excellent benefits package. Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1320 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: