BREA, CA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with PennySaverUSA.com in their search for a Consumer Marketing Director, Web, based in Brea, CA. The guy in this video is PennySaverUSA’s Harvard-trained CEO, Loren Dalton. Word to your mother.
PennySaverUSA.com is also known as Harte-Hanks Shoppers, a division of Harte-Hanks, Inc. For 48 years, the Original PennySaver that pioneered the weekly shopping guide has been dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping customers get more for their money. Now called PennySaverUSA.com, they are one of the largest direct mail shopping publications in the U.S. with over 950 local editions reaching over 11.5 million people online and in print.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Responsible for the day-to-day online product marketing, site management and operations, brand awareness, traffic, and revenue success of PennySaverUSA.com’s online deal site. Manages a team of three.
- Manages online copywriters and online traffic coordinator dedicated to online deal site operations.
- Manages day-to-day operations of website
- Partners with internal team and external vendor in creating a best-in-class, sustainable, differentiated online deal site that aligns with the needs of new and existing customers and industry trends.
- Identifies opportunities and implements marketing campaigns and product changes necessary for success of traffic, revenue, and profit goals.
- Defines business requirements for new product enhancements and functionality and plays key role in roll-out of these improvements.
- Works closely with internal Web team to ensure alignment between consumer and BtB product strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Leads online deal product positioning, messaging, and promotions from product introduction and evolution, to training and adoption, to ongoing marketing efforts.
- Leads competitive market analyses efforts.
- Collaborates with internal sales and marketing team to create and execute sales and marketing materials and campaigns that support revenue-generating activities, including presentations, product data sheets, collateral, demo scripts, and lead generation programs and sales contests.
- Evangelizes value of product to internal team, prospects, and customers
- Works closely with internal customer service team in resolving issues and getting product feedback from customers. Also works closely with UI lead and internal sales team on user research for online BtB product line.
- Minimum 7 years work experience, with 3-5 years online product marketing experience, preferably in a consumer website management role.
- Experience with online deal, coupon, and savings sites strongly preferred.
- Experience in defining and developing solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrated track record creating and executing revenue-generating marketing programs and product lines.
- Proven ability in launching, developing, and managing successful web sites and online products.
- Proven ability to support sales with direct customer interaction through sales engagements, seminars, webinars, win/loss analysis and other direct customer interaction.
- Proven ability to partner with engineering teams in order to align product strategy with market needs.
- Marketing mind-set with the ability to understand technical features and translate into business language and create compelling messages.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written communication skills.
- Self-directed; high-energy; requires minimal supervision on work projects.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage a small team.
- Bachelor’s degree
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1277 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.