NEW YORK CITY – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Alacra in their search for an Ecommerce Manager based in New York, NY. The Alacra Store (www.alacrastore.com) is a leading online site for purchase of market, credit and investment research. Serving more than three million monthly page views, the AlacraStore has been called an "Amazon for business research".
Here's a video of hiring manager Barry Graubart, Alacra's VP of Product Strategy & Business Development, discussing his predictions for the content industry in 2010. Barry's a highly knowledgeable, personable, genuine, and energetic industry leader — so you'll need a reality-based and teachable POV on ecommerce to succeed in this role!
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
The Ecommerce Manager will drive the continued growth of Alacra's eCommerce products. Candidates should have a proven track record growing an Ecommerce business, a strong understanding of SEO and online marketing and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Lead the growth of existing Alacra Ecommerce products
- Manage SEO and SEM initiatives to drive relevant traffic
- Track and analyze all relevant eCommerce metrics to improve traffic and conversions
- Develop and implement strategies to increase repeat transactions and maximize lifetime value of customers
- Guide development process of new site features and elements
- Ongoing competitive analysis of similar sites
- 3+ years marketing experience with at least two years leading e-commerce initiatives
- Deep understanding of web analytics tools
- Successful track record in online marketing, including SEO, SEM, conversion and email marketing
- Hands-on SEO experience, preferably with a large scale site
- Knowledge of business information market a plus
- Knowledge of website design and development, user flow and information architecture and their impact on the customer experience
- Aggressive risk-taker with documented record of success
- Bachelor's or Master's in a relevant domain
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Allan for packet #1261 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.