UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
CHICAGO, IL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
We are working with eClerx in their search for a Strategic Relationship Manager based in Chicago, IL. eClerx partners with the Sales & Marketing divisions of some of the largest Fortune & Internet Retailer 500 companies, delivering the staffing and intellectual bandwidth to drive greater insight, quality and control to their online operations, data management and analytics needs, liberating their in-house resources for higher value add and more strategic focus.
Some of the key Sales & Marketing functions eClerx supports include content management & merchandizing support, web analytics, social media moderation and analytics, SEO / SEM analytics & support, ad ops support, CRM platform support & lead generation, supply chain and channel analytics, price & catalog competitive intelligence and broad data collection, cleansing, management and reporting.
eClerx works with almost 50 Global Fortune 500 scale clients including many of the world's leading High Tech and Industrial Manufacturing & Distributors, Online Retail, Interactive Media & Entertainment, Travel and Leisure, Software Vendors and Financial Services companies.
Customer service excellence is at the core of eClerx values and they were recently ranked #14 out of 2,700+ outsourcing companies globally for customer satisfaction in the 2010 Black Book of Outsourcing survey. Incorporated in 2000, eClerx is India's first and only publicly listed Knowledge Process Outsourcing ("KPO") company, listed on both the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges of India.
eClerx has been profitable since well before they went public and have been growing annually at 30+% per year. Sequoia Capital acquired 6% of eClerx in 2009 and upped that stake to >10% in 2010. eClerx employs almost 3,500 employees across its five Indian delivery centers in Mumbai and Pune plus global client interfacing locations in New York, London, Silicon Valley, Austin, Dublin and Singapore.
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
eClerx success is based on close partnering with their clients. Experience shows that this is best achieved through local presence and relationship management via highly experienced and well networked industry professionals. Being close, responsive and available to key client sponsors and leveraging that proximity and goodwill is key to proactively and reactively navigate to new opportunities and solutions that continue to help improve clients operations.
As the "face of eClerx" onsite, the role is all encompassing, including the following functions:
- Strategic & consultative relationship management of West Coast or Midwest based clients, serving as the key point person for all elements of engagements
- Drive revenue targets and relationship / share of wallet targets, driven by extensive internal client networking and actively matching eClerx capabilities with identified Client needs
- Develop, manage and maintain strong, active relationships with key Client stakeholders at senior and mid-management levels and with key Client operations personnel
- Design, develop and manage relevant services aligned with client goals and business plans
- Facilitate / bridge eClerx India based delivery with client operations teams and drive delivery excellence and eClerx reputation with Client
- Ensure appropriate response, escalation and closure of initiatives, client request and/or issues in conjunction with India based eClerx operations team
- Develop and maintain close relationships with eClerx India operations teams to ensure aligned mission, goals and delivery
- Project manage initiation, on-boarding and implementation of new engagements / projects with Clients in coordination with eClerx India operations team
- Integrate with Client procurement / accounts / supplier relationship teams / departments to ensure smooth flow of contracts, invoices and payments
- Strategize with eClerx Business Development, Practice Leads, Operations and Senior Management to identify new opportunities and service areas
- Internal reporting to global Business Development and Relationship Management teams on Client and industry developments, new opportunities, competitive landscape, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with departing Client sponsors into their new jobs at different companies as a means to expand eClerx sales and Client base
- Leverage and build regional and industry network to identify new client and sales opportunities
- Critical that successful candidate is like key sponsors – understands their challenges, pains, industry etc:
o 8-15 years in Client Management / Services Portfolio Management / Consulting / Strategic roles
o Prior experience with Sales & Marketing / online operations / CRM / analytics critical
o Prior experience in client industries + client service roles highly preferred
- Strategic / consultative / partnership approach to Client engagement relationships
- Knowledge of / prior experience with offshoring processes and methodologies highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to network and earn confidence of diverse Client personnel across range of functions – marketing / online operations / business intelligence / creative / sales / finance / senior management / procurement – plus interaction with and management of eClerx India based operations team
- Excellent presentation / communication skills – written and verbal – comfort presenting at senior levels – implicit capabilities in MS Word & PowerPoint
- Excellent relationship skills including the ability to create and build relationships. Demonstrated track record of success, established relationships and expanded Client portfolios
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible, self starter & highly motivated
- Excellent multi-tasker and creative problem solver
- Seeking a challenging new position in a dynamic high growth company and industry
- Travel required 1-2 times per year to India facilities + travel to other eClerx offices & events + conferences & other networking / industry events
- Regular onsite time expected at client facilities
- Prior experience managing multi-location, multi-stakeholder, multi-million USD accounts expected
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1243 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.