NORTHBROOK, IL – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
We are working with Dreams Retail – a subsidiary of Dreams Inc. (www.dreamscorp.com) – to find a Senior Manager of Search Engine Optimization for the Northbrook, IL office. In 2010, Dreams Retail was ranked, by Internet Retailer Magazine, as the 17th fastest growing retail chain on the internet and 198th on the Internet Retailer's top 500. They are looking for a Guru level SEO expert to help them continue with this growth pattern.
The SEO Guru will champion the improvement of the natural search rankings for over 60 online fan shops operating on the Dreams Retail proprietary ecommerce platform.
This position is a vital member of the Dreams Retail team responsible for growing traffic and revenue through SEO and Social Media channels. In this role, the SEO Guru will be the Thought Leader and responsible for the Search strategy across all Dreams Retail websites. Will understand and lead plans to maximize the synergies between SEO and SEM to achieve the highest ROI on marketing spend.
- SEO optimization of the website, including optimizing current web page designs and working with the development team on projects that are being developed or planned
- Build links by creating and launching a link-building campaign and gathering high quality links from top websites, blogs, paid/free directories
- Propose changes to site design by doing research and determine what changes in design and content need to be made to optimize our websites for SEO
- Research, analyze and constantly improve organic Search performance opportunities
- Assess and understand market needs related to Search, and clearly organize and communicate them to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify/develop new opportunities for the business in Search Engine Optimization including leveraging Social Media programs and local opportunities
- Be able to work with other company teams to identify project areas or process enhancements that will lead to overall program improvements
- Build, launch, and test new products, features, experiments through our product management process
- Be able to do keyword research/competitor analysis and make recommendation based on findings
- Competitor and back-link analysis.
- Likes sports
- A visionary
- Can develop strategies for SEO initiatives that improve rankings and drive traffic
- Use project management skills to manage SEO technology changes
- Understands and has experience in SEM, PPC performance
- Use development skills to engineer website optimization
- Research and development of new keywords and campaigns
- Measurement and optimization of existing keywords and campaigns
- Awareness and alignment with customer segments
- Writing and adjusting copy (in alignment with SEO best practices) to maximize click-through and conversion.
- Landing page optimization
- SCE Feed management and optimization
- SCE Feedback management
- Measuring sales performance, including gross margin, AOV, etc. (experience with multiple attribution methodologies in a multi-channel context highly preferred) as well as customer metrics – new customers, repeat customers, lifetime value, etc.
- A major analytics platform (Omniture, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Precise calculation and communication of channel ROI to senior management.
- AB and or Multivariate testing
- Strong familiarity with other eMarketing channels (Email, Affiliate, Media Buy, Social, etc.)
- Brand development and maintenance, preferably in a high-end/luxury space.
- Multi-site/storefront environments
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person with a passion for search engine optimization and e-commerce.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1231 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.