This position has been closed. For a current listing of our open job opportunities, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with Boot Barn in their search for an E-commerce Director based in Orange County, CA.
Founded more than 30 years ago in Southern California, Boot Barn is a
specialty retailer dedicated to providing its customers with one of the
largest selections of top-quality western and work footwear and apparel
available in today’s market. With an 83-store footprint that spans
across much of the Western US, the organization has a presence in
California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Montana.
As Director of Ecommerce, responsibilities include hands-on management of everything related to the Company’s premier shopping site. This includes overseeing all aspects relating/regarding Online Marketing, Product Management, Site Management and the Customer Service Department. Requires P&L reporting focused on ensuring the business runs profitably in short and long-term.
Candidate will need to demonstrate ability to drive change by focusing on managing a growing department that requires multiple process improvements. Responsible for all aspects of how shopping site performs in the “eyes of the customers”.
Must have a customer centric approach that takes in consideration internal and external customers.
Ecommerce Director must be a strategic thinker with a clear plan on how to tackle the complicated issues surrounding the B2C environment and the realities of managing a virtual business backed by a strong brick and mortar presence.
- Manage all customer service processes and ensure the highest quality standards. Work closely with customer manager to ensure current and new staff is trained and performing appropriately. Work closely with customer service manager to develop processes and new systems to create a competitive advantage in the area of customer service. Requires specifying and building new systems to improve customer service abilities.
- Site Look, Feel and Functionality. Requires continuous improvements on front end and back end development of custom SQL dynamic website.
- Launch and monitor effectiveness of Online Marketing efforts. Includes search engine marketing (PPC/Content/Comparison Listing/paid inclusion), link share solicitation, HTML email marketing, affiliate marketing, website content, vendor redirects and banner ads & print marketing. Also, actively pursue Co-Op relationships and opportunities.
- Maintain vendor relationships including new product launches, special inventory buys, inventory updates. Plan and execute new vendor relationships and category introductions. Focus on providing an unmatched selection of quality products. May necessitate trade shows, seasonal reviews and working closely with store merchandising team. Responsible for all updates, uploads and merchandising online.
- Plan and execute new technology improvements to shopping site. Responsible for managing 3rd party development & hosting relationship and making sure the site is stable and performing reliably. Manage current and future iterations of site focused on the tenants of usability and customer heuristics. Work closely with Credit Card processing company and ensure most up-to-date security standards are being employed.
- Competitive scanning and marketing opportunities. Ensure fair everyday value pricing is met. Conduct ongoing competitive analysis on email campaigns, site developments and merchandising/pricing.
- Report on P&L and overall performance of E-Commerce business.
- Identify & execute core competitive advantages and overall strategic direction of department.
- Analysis of site traffic, online marketing ROI, and using web analytics tools such as Urchin and Index tools.
- Field all new project initiatives such as 3PL opportunities, UPS tracking development, Amazon listings.
- Visual and image production and collection for updating database.
- Support outside departments in their online product and communication needs.
- Daily sales and number of orders.
- Conversion rates & quality of site traffic
- Customer survey measurement.
- Best Sellers.
- Returns and Exchanges
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; able to make quick decisions.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior retail experience with specialty store, chain or department store preferred. Buying experience should include apparel, footwear, gifts or accessories.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1192 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.