This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with AOL in their search for a Director of Ecommerce based in Dulles, VA.
AOL is a leading global advertising-supported Web company, with the most comprehensive
display advertising network in the US, a substantial worldwide audience, and a suite of popular Web brands and products.
The company’s strategy focuses on increasing the scale and sophistication of its advertising platform and growing the size and engagement of its global online audience through leading products and programming. Check it out …
The Director of Ecommerce will “own” the consumer experience online, ensuring it meets and exceeds business objectives, surprises and delights the consumer, and
is aligned with AOL’s overall Brand Strategy. The role will be multi-faceted, driving design and usability, website marketing/merchandising, and ecommerce. The Director of Ecommerce will be supported by third party agency/creative expertise and a development team.
The Paid Services division is focused on growing new non-access subscriptions by leveraging AOL’s extensive reach and network of inventory to distribute best-in-class services that can be safely and easily purchased and managed on a consumer-friendly platform. In addition, the Paid Services division continues to manage AOL’s paid ISP/access subscriber base.
- Manage the online consumer experience, ensuring that it is “on brand” and exceeding business objectives of conversion and revenue/profit generation.
- Maximize usage of Storefront “real estate” to drive conversion; effectively merchandise categories and products
- Use web analytics and real-time testing to optimize the online experience, increasing conversion rates.
- Collaborate with outside design firm to design and update subscription services Storefront, driving outstanding visual design and purchase paths that entice, educate and increase conversion rate with consumer-minded approach.
- Oversee prototype and usability testing to validate interface designs.
The ideal candidate should have significant ecommerce experience in website marketing. The candidate should have experience in developing business requirements, overseeing design elements, conducting usability testing, and optimizing the overall ecommerce experience. As such he or she will be comfortable working with designers and developers, product marketing, channel marketing, and technology teams.
Candidates should have a broad understanding of related deliverables (including information architecture diagrams, interaction flows, wireframes, screen mock-ups, interactive demos and UI specifications), usability testing, and web analytics tools/methodologies. The candidate will be able to thoughtfully contribute in a team environment and be
passionate about the consumer experience online.
- Excellent presenting, verbal, written and story-boarding skills. Communicate consumer experience vision and objectives rationale verbally and visually.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in ecommerce and/or website marketing.
- Be able to work collaboratively with other disciplines including direct marketing, product marketing and technology teams.
- Understand user-research and testing methodologies, and web analytics tools.
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- MBA preferred
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1196 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.