This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
We are working with a $100 million, venture-backed cosmetics company based in Newport Beach, CA 92663. The client seeks a Director of Ecommerce to grow its online business in a way that will provide strategic lift to its brand while providing support to its existing multi-channel retail marketing efforts.
- Driving traffic to internet sites through, search engines, keywords, banner placements and other appropriate placements.
- Ensuring proper selection and representation of merchandise on the web.
- Communicating frequently with Marketing and Creative to constantly improve appearance, content, and navigation throughout the website.
- Managing the copyrighting function to ensure proper detailed attribute descriptions, and legal representation of merchandise.
- Overseeing the processing of all Internet and Call Center orders and ensure that they are processed in accordance to Company guidelines and exceed customer expectations.
- Supervising the customer service function on internet questions, purchases, returns, order tracking, etc.
- Communicating with the Distribution Center on fulfillment issues.
- Ensuring shipping method and delivery schedule meets customer requests.
- Developing and managing a process for customer feedback including regular reporting to executive management.
- Ensuring that all orders and payments are processed in accordance to standard cashiering rules including the verification of customer identity.
- Collaborating with Finance to maintain vigilance against credit card fraud from website.
- Working closely with finance staff and external resources to ensure company compliance with applicable taxation requirements.
- Coordinating with Marketing and Education to obtain digital imaging and product knowledge.
- Holding regular meetings with Sales for updated information on merchandise, trends, availability of promotion
- Displaying wide variety of merchandise to keep the web site well rounded. Add or remove product display from web-site spending on current and future inventory levels.
- Collaborate with Marketing for material used on website to promote consumer confidence and company credibility.
- Training customer service staff to be knowledgeable and efficient with administrative procedures as well as product lines and specifications.
- Working closely with internal and external resources in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist Marketing in building customer database for use in web sales promotion.
- Establishing a strong web presence, to instill consumer confidence in all channels of distribution.
- Providing outstanding customer service through exceeding customer expectations, follow-up, added incentives for future purchases and referral bonuses.
- Building business by digital word of mouth marketing, consumer awareness, and promotions.
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to build web only product lines.
- Drive a product and focus within the E-commerce organization.
- Identify and fill gaps in the online assortment that is complimentary and incremental to the business.
- Develop new, incremental categories of business such as a competitive engagement program.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate and Email
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes life cycle of customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database.
- Participate in cross-functional teams (technology and operations) to move more of our fulfillment to a 3rd party platform
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Work with the Marketing and Creative group to improve site performance visibility.
- Manages the team focused on customer experience and is the subject matter expert for business tools to support JTV sites.
- Set, document, and uphold all department standards and procedures.
- Forecast new products quantities
- Budget and Plan Revenue and Cost Centers to achieve EBITDA contribution
- Manage the development of the Web organization to meet Revenue objectives and recruitment of the team
- Execute and drive International Website Initiatives to support the brand in new and existing international markets.
- Assume full P/L responsibility and an ability to plan revenue, marketing and sales promotion consistent with the global strategies.
Education & Experience:
- College degree (MBA a plus).
- 3+ years experience in web environment; 3-5 years experience in retail operations capacity, preferably with a multi-channel retailer (with management experience).
- Deep knowledge of Ecommerce operations and thorough familiarity with the online space.
- Experience designing online customer experiences.
- Demonstrated competencies in e-commerce technology, supply chain, fulfillment and call center functions.
- Proven experience in creating effective teamwork and an environment conducive to developing cross-functional collaboration
Applications and interviews for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1191 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.