This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. And while you’re at it, please join our 3000-member LinkedIn group, EcommerceJobs.com.
We are currently working with ShopNBC.com to find a Director Online Marketing & Analytics to join their team in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Director of Online Marketing & Analytics will be responsible for the development, execution and overall management of the Online Marketing and Analytics programs for ShopNBC. The Director Online Marketing & Analytics will have the energy, expertise and passion, in the online environment, to help the ShopNBC team effectively market their direct-to-consumer business while continuing to enhance the brand and drive traffic to the web site and televised broadcast.
The successful candidate will identify and develop programs that ensure customer acquisition and revenue strategies effectively reach and engage prospective customers through search engines, partnerships, affiliate programs, social/viral networking and other emerging channels while measuring the effectiveness of site usability, content and online marketing vehicles.
A primary focus of this role is to manage existing online marketing channels while developing new programs to contribute to the company’s growth. Responsibilities will include strengthening and improving existing email program while leading the team to build a strong in-house customer acquisition program.
The candidate will have proven success in strategy creation and leadership. This requires innovation and experience in emerging technologies to complement traditional online acquisition programs. Candidate will be responsible for interpretation of web analytics to identify gaps/areas of opportunity and provide key data driven insights to influence strategic e-commerce decisions across the brand.
In focusing on the Analytics area, the candidate will be responsible to help implement Omniture Site Catalyst web analytics package and further enhance performance metric report processes for the business. Through the use of specialized analytics applications, the Director of Online Marketing & Analytics will merge marketing research with information technology for the collection, reporting and analysis of web site click-stream, merchandising, and behavioral data for the purpose of improving the user experience, increasing conversions, reducing abandons, optimizing marketing and merchandising, and positively impacting our ROI.
The candidate’s ability to blend high-level strategy development with a hands-on tactical experience will enable the development, recommendation and implementation of web analytics programs designed to meet corporate goals. This includes the measurement of multi-channel marketing efforts, collaboration with internal departments, managing agency relationships and strengthening relationships with our business partners.
- Outstanding communicator
- Able to quickly establish and manage strong relationships
- Approach teamwork as a collaboration of minds, offering a point of view
- Be willing to confront and challenge and to be challenged
- Create strategy while being willing to roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done
- Well balanced, evidencing a reflective approach to strategic leadership and a practical, action-oriented management style
- Willingness to accept and be accountable for significant responsibility
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Incredible attention to detail
- Outstanding organization skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Creative thinker
- Create the strategy and oversee the management of all marketing programs such as banners, links, email campaigns, external site content and search engine optimization.
- Oversee management of all online campaigns (web content, email, media placements, SEO, etc) so that customer gets consistent message and image of brand and SNBC benefits from customer acquisition and incremental revenue stream. Test and measure partnerships with new social media sites as they evolve.
- Manage activities of agencies partners and internal cross functional teams responsible for contributing to online marketing initiatives
- Report key sales and analytic metrics to all stakeholders.
- Closely monitor competition and understand where they’re advertising, what they’re advertising (product specific ads, branding ads, category specific ads), and how they’re advertising (banner ads, search ads, rich-media, video) and make recommendations on how ShopNBC should execute.
- Continually perform research and analysis on online marketing trends and attend industry events as designated by marketing director.
- Other duties as assigned
Travel: 10-15% domestic travel
- Masters preferred (M.B.A) but will consider candidates with Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) plus equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of online retail marketing experience preferred. Recent Management experience focusing on Online Marketing and/or Analytics using Omniture and/or Coremetrics. Experience implementing either package a plus.
- Successful candidates will have extensive online marketing and marketing research/analytics background with solid understanding of web site best practices, online marketing principles, measurements, and consumer behavior.
- He/she will have demonstrated the implementation of best practices in all aspects of online marketing and web analytics and will have proven experience working collaboratively with site creators and business owners in a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful problem solver with strong analytical and financial skills including creation of ROI, acquisition cost, and lifetime value analysis.
- Ability to analyze data and produce actionable, measurable information and strategies
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE.
Search our site for more ecommerce jobs in your city or specialty: