PORTLAND, OR – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Portland ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with a Metro Portland-based etailer in their search for a Director of Digital Marketing. Last year my partner, Allan Seibert, closed a CMO search for these folks and the guy he found for them is a rockstar. More on that in a minute.
Let’s start here: Portland is awesome. Seriously. Check it out …
Pretty cool, huh?
As I wrote this post, I tried to dig up some relevant industry research from both FirstResearch and IBIS World. No luck. While this client’s industry is very well defined, the high end of the specialty market (where they compete against several household names) doesn’t yet have it own market research coverage.
That’s too bad because the margins in this space are excellent, and the growth rate of the market’s high-end is enough for our client to attract ample investment for the right people, technology, ops capacity, and marketing programs.
We’ve closed many searches in this space before and our candidates have always ended up very happy. When you see the list of etailers who compete in this sandbox, you’ll be glad you did a stint in this industry. It’s home to at least half a dozen very famous brands — any of which would look great on a resume.
Our client is well on its way to joining those ranks.
As our client’s Director of Digital Marketing, you’ll be a key leader within the Marketing organization responsible for growing the firm’s house file. You’ll lead the firm’s digital acquisition marketing efforts across paid social, PPC, affiliate, display and Amazon.com advertising. Your job will be to drive revenue growth by acquiring new customers and getting them to return again and again.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
Allan and I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Drive profitable growth by developing and optimizing digital marketing programs with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Manage a small but growing team by leading by example.
- Collect and interpret data from disparate, far flung sources — then use it to tell a story using your analysis that builds trust and strong cross-functional support for your initiatives.
- Evaluate emerging tools and technologies while working with Product and Engineering to deliver a scalable ad platform. We’d like you to be comfortable launching new ad campaigns as you are leading an integration with third party tools across engineering (apps & CRM), BI, and marketing.
- Understand customer LTV to drive both short-term and long-term ROI
- Work closely with Creative and Product teams to ensure acquisition strategy builds the brand reputation and is consistent with the firm’s merchandise strategy.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years digital and performance marketing and analytics experience – with an emphasis on paid social, PPC or other digital advertising platforms.
- Experience managing a talented, high-performing team
- Significant experience in marketing campaign management, digital strategy development, vendor management, tracking, and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to drive action from large data sets. The data usually looks like expert-level Excel skills. SQL skill a plus
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to work with internal teams, external partners, and vendors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing or related field
Applications for this digital marketing job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.