SAN FRANCISCO – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest SF ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Brilliant Earth in their search for an Acquisition Marketing Manager based in San Francisco. Who the heck wouldn’t want to live in San Fransisco at least once in their life?
Well amigo, here’s your chance.
As the leader in ethical-origin fine jewelry, Brilliant Earth is one of the world’s fastest growing ecommerce jewelers. Founded in 2005, Brilliant Earth has been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. The company is comprised of dedicated professionals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
Brilliant Earth seeks bright, passionate people who are excited to make an immediate impact and take on tremendous responsibility over time. The company’s open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration, and its culture produces and promotes A-players who have a selfless drive to help each other grow.
About the Role
As Brilliant Earth’s Acquisition Marketing Manager, you’ll be an expert in managing paid media, campaign analytics, and reporting systems — and you’ll be highly motivated to continuously improve the performance of BrilliantEarth.com’s digital acquisition channels.
In this role, you’ll develop and manage a team of very talented Online Marketing Associates, guiding them in campaign management, strategic decision making, and creative problem solving. You’ll possess a keenly analytical mind along with an insatiable curiosity to identify new growth opportunities.
As a poised, business oriented communicator, you’ll present your strategies and results to very smart executives. The folks know a LOT about digital already, so prepare to bust out your A-game. Naturally, you must be a detail oriented problem-solver, enjoy taking initiative, and be able to juggle multiple projects independently.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
Allan Seibert and I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Allan Seibert at (706) 318-1196 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Act as the business owner and expert for Brilliant Earth’s digital and offline media programs. Oversee these campaigns from end to end, including strategy, execution, and analysis.
- Ensure all acquisition programs are efficient and running optimally. Analyze areas with improvement opportunities and make data-driven recommendations to stakeholders.
- Manage a team of Online Marketing Associates, providing guidance on oversight, strategy, and analysis of all acquisition campaigns.
- Elevate the brand by developing original ad creative and copy ideas that speak to Brilliant Earth’s differentiators in the luxury fine jewelry space.
- Build robust reporting and dive into data to identify actionable insights.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, and accrual process.
- Present performance of acquisition programs to executive stakeholders.
- Develop and foster relationships with external vendors and cross functional partners.
- Identify new advertising vendors and other strategic partners with potential to drive positive business impact.
- Continually and thoughtfully educate yourself on strategies and best practices in acquisition marketing and paid advertising channels.
- Pending candidate’s skillset, this position could also extend to managing email marketing acquisition.
- 3+ years of online acquisition marketing experience, ecommerce preferred.
- Proven experience managing profitable paid media campaigns across a variety of channels, including but not limited to search, display, paid social, and retargeting.
- Experience managing advertising vendor relationships including price and contract negotiations.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze & develop complex business/marketing models for acquisition programs at scale. Ability to direct and guide team members to do the same.
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and with a positive attitude
- Experience recruiting high performing and accountable teams preferred
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency work style
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- BA degree or equivalent
Applications for this digital marketing job are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.