SAVANNAH, GA – With more than 150 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Brasseler USA in its search for a Director of Digital Technology based in Savannah, GA, which is utterly amazing …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Once or twice a month, ecommerce friends will call me to ask what I think about a particular career opportunity (other than my own searches) they are considering.
Among other things, I’ll ask these friends “If you were a venture capitalist, would you buy shares in the company? Is it a well-run enterprise led by likable, stable, business-oriented people, and does it have a sustainable competitive advantage in a growing market?”
The idea, obviously, is that when candidates go to work for companies, they are investing their time, best efforts, industry relationships, and personal reputations in the growth of the firm. This is not to be taken lightly.
Brasseler USA is a leading dental instrumentation provider, providing quality instrumentation to healthcare professionals for use in restorative dentistry, endodontics, periodontology, orthodontics, oral surgery and oral hygiene.
Products included in their offering include diamond and carbide cutting instruments, endodontic (root canal) instruments, handpieces, hand instruments and finishing and polishing products. A top 3 dental brand, Brasseler operates in the US and Canada and has recently begun expansion into international markets.
I love working with companies like Brasseler, which has loads of brand equity (and therefore, pricing power); is vertically integrated; actively invests in research and development; and has a well-trained and highly respected direct sales force.
In short, Brasseler is a growing, internationally oriented, 41-year old company led by likable, stable, business-oriented people – and it has a sustainable competitive advantage in the growing markets it serves.
It’s the kind of firm I’d want my own kid to work for.
Brasseler USA markets its products and services in the following four market segments:
- Rotary instruments, which is basically the drill bits and polishers
- Power (Handpieces), which is the drills
- Endodontic, which is root canal related, and …
- Hand Instruments & Preventative care, which is any instrument a hygienist would use, such as probes, scrapers, forceps, and assorted tools.
Within these four segments, Brasseler sells to general practitioners, orthodontists, periodontists, pedodontists, endodontists, prosthodontics, oral maxillofacial surgeons, dental laboratories, and dental hygienists. It’s a lot to say grace over.
Nationwide, there are approximately 95,000 retail dentists. And that does not include other customers including dental schools, corporate dental practices, and government accounts. That is a lot of customers!.
So, how does ecommerce fit in to all that?
Currently, only a small (but growing) fraction of Brasseler’s significant revenue stream is transacted online. Yet many of the firm’s clients (especially the younger ones) would like to replenish their Brasseler productss online.
For example, if there are 95,000 retail dentists in America and the average dental drill lasts three years, then every year one third of that market is up for grabs. Immediately, you can see the benefit of communicating with Brasseler’s customers in a way that is consistent, relevant, anticipated, and personal.
“When you need a friend, it’s too late to make one.” – Mark Twain
Each day the inbound marketing pros at Brasseler reach out to dentists in ways that make them feel valued while supporting the best efforts of each dentist’s assigned Brasseler field sales rep. That means treating different customers differently while coordinating with the field sales team’s promotional activities. Such promotional activities could include marketing though any one of the following …
- Article placement,
- Public relations,
- Content marketing,
- Press releases,
- White papers,
- Direct mail. Brasseler has done sampling and postcards with DM.
- Email. There is an extraordinary amount of potential in this channel.
- Lead generation,
- Print advertising,
- Phone calls,
- Seminars, workshops. The firm sponsors educational events and lunch-and-learns with sponsored speakers to talk about specific procedures. Brasseler has greatly increased the number of f webinars conducted for dental professionals in the past year and looks to grow further in the future.
- Trade shows. Brasseler USA does 30+ shows per year.
Right away, given the information intensity of Brasseler’s products and the diversity of these channels, any digital technology pro can see how complicated Brasseler’s marketing technology issues will be. And: Since 2011, the number of technology vendors has increased at a CAGR of 102% per year!
That’s a heck of a lot of tech to sort through!
As Brasseler’s Director of Digital Technology, you will manage digital marketing and ecommerce projects, from complex long-term platform replacement projects to smaller extensions to existing B2B solutions. In this role you will provide architecture expertise in building solutions across multiple digital channels including mobile, tablet, and web.
Depending on the business needs your role may include presenting to key internal stakeholders. You’ll be expected to define the technical solution, manage key technical risks and help shape the delivery of our solutions. In particular you’ll have experience architecting solutions to meet high performance, availability and security requirements.
Is that YOU?
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 75 pages! Be sure to TEXT Kelley Newsome for this info at (423) 748-0660.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Lead a team of direct reports, vendors and enterprise partners in delivery of new digital and e-commerce capabilities.
- Leverage your experience in a digital environment to create a multi-year roadmap and deliver against it.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions that identify business solutions in relation to current and future technology landscape
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure production service levels are met.
- Researching new technologies to optimize the current solutions and to make them sustainable for the future, applying in-house standards and market best practices.
- Educate management and stakeholders about digital best practices.
- Own data and analytical platforms to optimize digital marketing efforts
- Governing the integration of all solutions and their integration patterns.
- Providing expertise and consulting to all projects about integration, interfaces and data flows and technologies.
- Creating, designing and reviewing solution architecture documents at high quality standards.
- Gathering digital requirements and translating them to technical solutions and systems design.
- Utilizing your knowledge and experience of web/mobile solution and deployment architectures (Large scale, High Availability)
- Utilizes your deep understanding of software design principles, including object oriented (OO) and functional programming in creating custom software solutions or modifying package solutions including integration
- Comply with regulatory and budgetary guidelines established by the Company’s management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM areas.
- Master’s Degree or Professional Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in performing the responsibilities of technology team leadership and technology service delivery.
- Ecommerce platform implementation experience, program delivery experience within an e-commerce company.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Demonstrated track record of leading within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills – ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Experience as an outspoken, results-oriented project leader with demonstrated successful results
- Significant experience managing vendor relationships with a broad spectrum of external technology and business partners
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and planning skills
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail are required
- Ability to drive projects through to completion
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.