KANSAS CITY, KS – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with VF Jeanswear in their search for a Manager – Digital Marketing for Lee.com based in metro Kansas City. You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know their brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, VF outfits people of all walks of life. In fact, the firm has more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with over 59,000 associates. VF’s businesses and brands are organized into five “coalitions:” Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, its one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Investors love it, that’s for sure.
VF’s five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®. Other brands include 7 For All Mankind®, Bulwark®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, Ella Moss®, JanSport®, Kipling®, lucy®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Nautica®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Splendid® and SmartWool®. Any of those ring a bell?
Here are a few quick facts about the company …
- 30+ brands
- 59K+ associates around the world
- 150 countries worldwide
- $12.3 billion in revenue
- 115 years of achievements and growth
- No. 1 manufacturer of denim
- 1,400 owned retail stores
- $1.2B returned to shareholders in 2014
- 1.3M units of apparel and footwear produced every day
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We always have a wonderful time working with the good folks at VF Corp, and this role with VF’s Jeanswear coalition will be responsible for the development ongoing plans to support Lee® brand digital marketing. From concepting all the way down to execution, you’ll manage the development of Lee® digital marketing initiatives – including website, emails, paid search, organic search, affiliates, social and MORE.
Your responsibilities will include ongoing research and management of digital brand strategies in support of business goals, as well as establishing control-related standards and procedures. On the digital front, you’ll monitor and track utilization, performance, and traffic analytics to optimize keyword and other online marketing and social efforts — and then lead the online marketing efforts in the digital channels that best promote and grow the brand.
Naturally, we’ll want you to love “all things digital” and keep abreast of the latest developments in the online space as they’d pertain to Lee® Jeans. Plus, we’ll expect you to generate hot new ideas to nurture the brand’s fan base, both online and off. You’ll need to be adept at building relationships both internally (working closely with brand marketing, merchandising and product teams) and externally with VF’s online partners because you’ll always be “on” as an ambassador for the Lee® brand.
Where the Rubber Meets the Road
Perhaps your most important area of responsibility will be email marketing, especially in the areas of customer retention. This role will define the email program’s content strategy and vision (including reporting on analytics of email performance trends) to develop new ideas for the email program and other online retention activities, including the optimization and testing of landing pages, content management, website maintenance, and SEO.
Currently, email is a key traffic driver to Lee.com, so it’s essential that you understand customer acquisition, contact strategy, relationship management, and segmentation. YOU will be the one to decide “What’s the key message for this particular email campaign? What is the best way to provide digital support for the brand’s other marketing initiatives? What are the highest margin products we can promote within the boundaries of the promotional calendar?” Etc. All built into a brand communication strategy across all digital channels.
Digital Marketing will be your baby: Taking the larger brand marketing and translating that into the digital medium. Developing the experience, campaigns, programs, content and contact strategies to drive engagement with the brand. This will include everything from developing your own marketing calendar of events to bringing those brand stories to life through digital marketing channels and online experiences.
The whole ball of wax.
The Ecommerce team at VF Jeanswear understands that the digital landscape is constantly evolving and that it has never been more important for the Lee® digital marketing manager to understand how each individual fan wishes to relate to the brand — whether it’s via smartphones, tablets or desktop computers. This role is about enhancing the meaning of the Lee® brand in the eyes of its fan, through all things digital.
If that appeals to you, then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply below.
- Design, implement, and evaluate funnel marketing campaigns geared towards building awareness and driving micro-conversions such as account creations, email sign-ups, email preference updates, and product review submissions.
- Plan, develop, create, execute and analyze digital marketing and social media campaigns focused on initiatives across multiple social channels and digital marketing channels.
- Collaborate with ecommerce analyst to measure all marketing touch points through a unified tracking system; ensure that marketing investments are made according to this system.
- Plan and manage the development of web and social content and email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including planning, targeting, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Drive cross-team processes for effective, on-time delivery of content, promotions, and marketing plans through strong internal relationships and coordinating across departments.
- Support the development and execution of segmentation and test strategies to ensure web and social content and email relevance to distinct customer groups.
- Identify, test and implement new opportunities to improve conversion and customer satisfaction online and via email communications
- Analyze, monitor and communicate performance of web-based and email retention initiatives to the team while working across business functions (ecommerce, marketing, and merchandising) to ensure a cohesive and complementary online marketing program.
- Maintain timely execution of web and social content and brand’s email program – both marketing and transactional.
- Work across business teams (ecommerce, marketing, merchandising) to ensure a cohesive and complementary online marketing program.
- Manage online, marketing and content calendar; write project briefs, manage internal and external design and production in the development of the campaign tools and coordinate the final execution and implementation of programs.
- Ensure online quality standards are maintained for representation of brand and seasonal message in all art, content and in general presentation and location of ad space.
- Business Acumen
- Compelling Communication
- Decision Making
Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Bachelors – Marketing or Ecommerce
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.
VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.