ATLANTA, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Altisource in its search for a Web Analytics Manager based in Atlanta, GA.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: For some people, being an analyst is a means to an end – a stepping stone to a bigger ecommerce job. But for others, being an analyst is a way of life. Some people were born with an analytical bias, and being an analyst is merely an outward expression of that.
That’s who we’re looking for here.
Altisource is a profitable, growing provider of technology and services related to real estate and mortgage portfolio management. Residing within Altisource’s Consumer Real Estate Portal group, the company’s “GoHoming” real estate marketplace will end up being a cross between ebay and Zillow – with a powerful datamining engine underneath. Check out this video of the basic concept …
It’s pretty easy to imagine an online marketplace for real estate where buyers and sellers could be intelligently matched, and buyers would be intelligently matched with products and services depending on where they were in the purchase cycle, before, during and after the real estate transaction. Pretty awesome, right?
Yet it has never been done.
Altisource’s sales collateral uses terms such as “behavioral science principles” and “artificial intelligence driven scripting engines.” This isn’t pretentious; it’s the same stuff that has inspired Mark Zuckerberg’s growth-oriented vision for Facebook.
Think about all the stuff Facebook knows about each of its (now 900 million) members. For example, I am a Catholic father of six home-schooled kids who has been married for 19 years. And that’s just for starters. Is it possible that a real estate marketplace could take all that is known about me online, in addition to whatever financial information I give it, and make smarter recommendations to me about where I live?
You know it is.
Because houses (like people) are information intensive. Meaning, there’s a lot to know about them. Noise, smells, crime, commute time, and schools are just a few of the things that can influence a home’s value. Not only would a liquid, efficient, transparent real estate market be hugely valuable to buyers – but sellers and investors alike would benefit from knowing …
- Where potential buyers looked for homes
- How they look for homes
- What they were looking for, and the words they used to describe it
- What they found
- How they made their buying decisions
- The concerns and questions they had about homes, related services, and the company
- Who was involved in their buying decisions
- The roadblocks in the buying process that almost stopped them from buying
- How long their buying process took, from search to purchase, and
- The trends they see that will affect their buying behavior in the future.
Ultimately, in the same way that the federal government now relies on LinkedIn to provide it with up-to-the-minute information and trends on the labor market, so might the Feds rely on marketplaces like GoHoming for the housing market.
What will you be doing?
The new hire needs to be able to develop the right dashboards to identify, monitor, and interpret key performance indicators – and they must be able to use that information to communicate with senior management.
Currently, Altisource uses Webtrends and Google Analytics for its real estate marketplace, but the company lacks a seasoned professional to dive deeply into those numbers. Altisource intends to relaunch its GoHoming site later this year and significantly increase its marketing spend. It’s critical that the analytics piece be in place before the relaunch in order to determine the effectiveness of its marketing initiatives across all digital channels (smartphones, tablets, web, etc).
As one of the most vertically integrated companies in the entire residential real estate space, Altisource strengthens the Consumer Portals value proposition with a range of businesses and technology platforms that span the customer experience from end-to-end, including:
- One of America’s largest co-ops of mortgage lenders
- One of the largest real estate appraisal companies
- A large established real estate inspection company
- One of the nation’s largest real estate brokerage operations
This will be an extremely challenging job, given that data will flow in vertically and horizontally from everywhere, internally and externally.
The ideal candidate will have a deep analytics background in consumer e-commerce, and you will need to have implementation and integration experience on Webtrends.
Altisource is publicly traded, the stock has performed extremely well over the years and analysts currently think highly of it. They will supply you with a lot of support on the technology front. The Portal group’s already making money and facilitating tens of thousands of home sales annually. So, it’s like a startup in an established company with huge potential.
They are staffing up across the board with top talent. New team members come from start-ups as well as firms like Experian, CapOne, E*Trade, Booz Allen and Critical Mass.
The position will be based in Atlanta, but there’s a chance that the company might consider Boston for the right candidate.
- Establish key performance indicators and standardized reporting to deliver perceptive and actionable recommendations
- Work with internal and external resources to deliver data-driven insights about customer behavior, traffic patterns, revenue, conversion, navigation, and engagement
- Increase knowledge of consumer intent, behavior, and experience through implementation of new web analytics tools to mine consumer behavior, attribute conversions and assess performance
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all online and web analytics data via the continual monitoring and assessment of site and program tags
- Collaborate with product and marketing to develop A/B and multivariate tests and experiments
- Recommend new testing techniques and next-generation testing technologies to improve test quality and effectiveness
- Stay current on emerging web measurement tools, strategies and trends; continue to educate self analytically, technically and technologically
Key Result Areas:
- Identify, collect and evaluate key performance indicators through the development of automated, analytics-driven reporting and dashboards
- Effectively collaborate with marketing on the design, segmentation, measurement and evaluation of digital consumer campaign performance
- Develop technological and methodological analytics strategy in preparation for investments in social media, mobile search and mobile apps
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-5 years experience in Web Analytics role – preferably in a B2C environment
- Expert knowledge of web analytics tools (particularly Webtrends and Google Analytics) with technical knowledge of URL tagging and tracking
- Demonstrated expertise with attribution methodologies, A/B and multivariate testing
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, business, marketing or consumer research discipline Advanced degree is a plus but not required
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business stakeholders and senior leaders
- Strong conceptual thinking and ideation skills; passion for brainstorming ideas, sketching concepts and connecting pieces to solve real consumer problems
- Ability to internalize customer insights, champion the customer and empathize with the customer’s needs and point of view
- Natural curiosity and passion for challenging assumptions and a strong belief that there has to be a better way
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Amy for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)