BOSTON, MA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they're posted, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Demandware in their search for a Channel Manager based on the East Coast. This is a position that allows the flexibility for someone to work from home. Demandware is the leading on-demand ecommerce solutions provider, trusted by more than 100 high-growth brands to power their online businesses. Serously, these guys are among the best in the world at what they do. Check out Demandware's latest mobile tool set, now being used by Jewelry Television …
Please Tweet this job, and you'll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included several (very large) Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, Keurig coffee machines, and MORE …
Demandware has pioneered a new approach to ecommerce infrastructure that combines the control and flexibility of a highly customizable ecommerce application suite with the cost benefits and scalability of software delivered as a service (SaaS). The Channel Manager is responsible for developing channel partners in a co-sell and resell capacity.
This individual will be responsible for all phases of partner engagement; identification, qualification, pursuit, formal engagement, and on-going management through the delivery of multiple successful joint customers. This is a highly entrepreneurial position, ideal for self-starters with excellent communications skills and the desire to define and execute a strategy that will become a major growth engine for the organization.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE BASED IN THE NORTH EAST UNITED STATES AND HAVE DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS IN ECOMMERCE PLATFORM CHANNEL SALES AND PARTNER DEVELOPMENT, IN ADDITION TO MANAGING A SALES QUOTA. THIS IS A HUNTING ROLE; NOT A FARMING ROLE.
- Focus on development and expansion of the Emerging Brands and Non-Target Account opportunities
- Negotiate and close Channel and Alliance agreements
- Develop and execute business plans with Partners that deliver on revenue objectives for both organizations
- Manages complex relationships requiring proven negotiation skills with Executives
- Work within and across the Demandware organization to successfully integrate partners into sales, marketing, and delivery functions
- Successful channel sales experience working with partners in a co-sell and resell capacity; with a track record of exceeding quotas
- Ecommerce experience required; ideally with a competitive platform, but willing to consider other channels sales experience within the Ecommerce community
- Proven capability to identify, acquire, train and drive sales through partners
- Knowledge of the Ecommerce marketplace and Retail multi-channel business models
- Demonstrated success building and managing revenue generating partnerships
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work streams and multiple relationships
- Strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel (30-50%)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1263 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.