PHOENIX, AZ – With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Email Marketing Manager jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Orthotic Holdings Inc. (“OHI”) in their search for a proven Email Marketing Manager based in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Headquartered in Hauppauge, NY, OHI is the global leader in durable medical equipment (DME) technologies for healthcare providers who treat diseases and conditions associated with the lower extremities. This is a big deal: According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, most Americans suffer from foot pain. In many cases, the pain is downright debilitating.
Through its family of brands, OHI is recognized as a pioneer in the manufacturing and distribution of custom foot orthoses, ankle foot orthoses (AFOs) and therapeutic footwear. The firm’s footwear products alone offer relief from more than 20 types of orthotic maladies, and it distributes its products and technologies throughout North America, Europe and Australia.
It’s a big, established company for a big, established problem. In fact, if you take a gander at every private equity investor’s wish list, OHI’s got a lot going for it.
Now then, traditionally …
OHI has marketed through podiatrists (of which there are ~15,000 in America) and other qualified specialists, like so: A patient visits a podiatrist about, say, heel pain, and the podiatrist recommends a special shoe for Plantar Fasciitis. The patient says, “Anything you say, my feet are killing me!” and the podiatrist orders OHI’s Apex-brand shoes. The patient returns to the podiatrist for fitting a couple of weeks later.
Problem solved, right? Sure, for the lucky few who see a podiatrist.
Over 75% of Americans experience foot or ankle-related problems — yet most individuals visit their primary care physicians for foot-related issues. I’m not criticizing here, but there’s a lot my primary physician doesn’t know about feet. And when general practitioners see a podiatric case, they don’t know enough to recommend an OHI solution.
That’s an ENORMOUS opportunity for OHI.
There are literally tens of millions of long suffering people who NEED OHI’s products but would never hear about them through a specialist. Perhaps these poor soles (nyuk, nyuk) only get as far a Googling their symptoms — not always a good idea.
Yes siree, Bob! For the sake of everyone with sore feet, the time has come for OHI to take its online business to the next level. And that’s where YOU come in.
About the Role
OHI needs a world class Email Marketing Manager to better serve its permission-based existing customer and prospect lists, as the days of email blasts and spamming are over. We need you to nurture ApexFoot’s customers in a way that’s consistent, relevant, anticipated, and personal — providing them with real value while nudging them along a value-added conversion path.
You’ll be tasked with understanding the right types of content to send to the right people at the right time, both for lead nurturing and to boost the sharing and forwarding of ApexFoot’s content-rich emails. A few of years ago marketing guru Jay Baer popularized the concept of Marketing So Useful, Customers Would Pay For It.
Well, that’s what we’re looking for here.
To win in this role, you’ll need to be a an energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. You must have a proven ability to identify new growth opportunities and generate meaningful and measurable results. Ideally, you will have both B2B and B2C marketing experience and be able to plan, execute and analyze both programmatic and ad hoc email campaigns.
You won’t believe how much we know about this search …
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this email marketing job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in your email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Have expertise in a variety of email marketing tools/platforms and/or have the ability to rapidly achieve expertise in new tools and products.
- Collaborate closely with in-house creative team to develop and deliver email campaigns with outstanding visual design and assets.
- Collaborate with Web Dev team to create, test and fine-tune landing pages and forms to capture qualified leads, improve/enhance customer engagement and increase conversion rates.
- Plan and execute campaigns flawlessly; consistently, creatively and effectively testing along the way.
- Demonstrate persistent excellence in copywriting, editorial and proofing with relentless attention to grammar and email content best practices.
- Recommend and implement new initiatives that improve conversion and performance.
- Improve, monitor, and maximize list(s) and database integrity; provide guidance on integration of recommended CRM enhancements and email management tools/platforms.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics.
- Proficient using smart lists and marketing automation technology.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written and verbal form).
- 5+ years of increasingly senior email marketing experience. Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize simultaneous projects and deliver desired results on time and on/under budget.
- Experience working closely with and supporting a sales organization; guided by an abiding passion for their success.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM or similar CRM tools, web conferencing, expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Applications for this email marketing job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.