NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest NYC ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with KIND Snacks in their search for an Ecommerce Marketing Manager based in New York City. KIND is an amazing success story, and it would be a phenomenal brand to have on your resume. Plus you’ll never again be hungry at work!
KIND Snacks is a healthy foods company founded in 2004 by Daniel Lubetzky. The company has 500 employees and manufactures eight product lines: KIND Fruit & Nut, KIND PLUS, KIND Nuts & Spices, KIND Healthy Grains Bars, KIND Healthy Grains Clusters, STRONG & KIND, KIND Breakfast and Pressed by KIND.
The basic premise of KIND is simple:
KIND believes that if you can’t pronounce an ingredient, it shouldn’t go into your body. Period. KIND products are made from nutritionally-dense ingredients like whole nuts, fruits and whole grains – no secret ingredients and no artificial flavors, preservatives or sweeteners. Yet they taste incredible. Seriously, these folks have cracked the code.
My six kids prefer them to literally everything else in our pantry.
Which is surprising, given that all KIND snacks are gluten-free, made from whole ingredients. In fact, KIND Healthy Grains and KIND Healthy Grains Clusters are certified by the NON-GMO Project, and all KIND bars range between 180-210 calories and have healthy fats and protein. They’re really fantastic.
Since 2004, KIND has sold more than 1 billion bars through more than 150,000 U.S. stores.
About the Role:
KIND seeks an experienced Ecommerce Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing initiatives to help transform KindSnacks.com — the firm’s direct-to-consumer business, into the best online destination to buy healthy snacks.
In this role, you will be instrumental in shaping KIND’s online consumer experience. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of ecommerce marketing from the high level strategy to the day-to-day operations across awareness, traffic, conversion, and retention. Leadership, initiative, intelligence, entrepreneurship and the ability to work across functions and third-parties will be critical to your success.
This is an EXTREMELY high profile job.
As usual, I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one’s no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Drive all ecommerce marketing and promotional campaigns to efficiently drive consumer acquisition and retention, from strategy and planning to execution; including but not limited to email / mail communications, SEO / SEM, and promotions
- Develop and manage marketing-related eCommerce analytic KPIs (e.g., traffic, conversion, consumer acquisition costs), partnering across KIND to drive eCommerce performance
- Create and execute sophisticated targeting and segmentation to improve the cost-effectiveness of consumer acquisition costs and to increase consumer lifetime value
- Drive development of eCommerce creative (in partnership with Marketing), ensure the eCommerce experience is on-brand and aligned with KIND marketing, and leverage KIND-wide marketing and brand campaigns to drive acquisition, sales, and retention
- Be a thought leader on the eCommerce team, working closely with senior leadership to guide the product roadmap and to define enhancements for kindsnacks.com
- Continuously monitor cutting edge eCommerce marketing techniques to continuously improve
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Digital Marketing, B2C eCommerce and, preferably, subscription
- Experience building an eCommerce business by executing high ROI and leading edge marketing techniques, and strong cross-channel business acumen
- Exceptional understanding of consumer online behavior, trends and market analysis
- Demonstrated depth of UX experience, communications strategy, eCommerce marketing systems, tools & platforms, and segmentation decisions in an eCommerce environment
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with very strong understanding of web analytics, marketing analytics & ROI. Creative problem solver
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and evolving high-growth business
- CPG, and specifically food, experience a strong plus
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Values are critical, including entrepreneurial zeal, team effort, ability to work with others, commitment to excellence, personal responsibility, accountability and demonstrated achievement
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.