WAITSFIELD, VT – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: At one time in my recruiting career I had a candidate who was up for a VP of Ecommerce role in Seattle. Great client. Tremendous candidate. Fantastic, future oriented role. He crushed his second on-site interview and I was feeling great about my chances of closing the search.
Then the client flew-in my candidate’s wife for a house hunting trip. That’s where the deal started to unravel. In researching Seattle weather, she discovered that in some years Seattle has no more than five weeks of clear skies and sunshine. Evidently, she had Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression – a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience symptoms of depression.
When she realized she couldn’t live in Seattle, my candidate withdrew his application.
At first, I thought my candidate was pulling my leg. Then I learned that SAD affects more than 3 million Americans per year. Many more remain undiagnosed. Usually, SAD can be treated and symptoms will disappear within months. But sometimes, as was the case with my candidate’s wife, the symptoms are chronic and can include fatigue, depression, hopelessness, and social withdrawal. Yuck. Treatments include talk therapy, medications – and light therapy.
Verilux designs and manufactures light therapy lamps that utilize full-spectrum light to improve people’s vision and well-being. The company is a leader in wellness lighting and it offers a full line of light therapy lamps, natural spectrum lighting, and environmentally friendly light bulbs. Its HappyLight line of light therapy lights is the number one light therapy product in the world. Additionally, Veirilux produces lights for skincare and eyestrain reduction / color enhancement.
For example, Verilux’s Tazza Productivity Desk Lamp optimally stimulates your eyes’ photoreceptors – the rods and the cones – so they’re comfortable and functioning at their most efficient. This better light also reduces the size of the pupil to better focus the light, which increases visual acuity and improves processing.
See for yourself …
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
Verilux is on the hunt for a growth-oriented Ecommerce Manager based in Waitsfiled, VT. If you are an up-and-coming ecommerce executive who’s looking to get out of the big city and into a simpler way of life, Waitsfield is for YOU.
There ain’t a better place to raise a family than Vermont’s Mad River Valley.
Although this is the first time we have worked with Verilux, we are good friends with this role’s hiring manager, Charlotte Addison. Charlotte needs a right hand in the business — someone who has an excellent working knowledge of web analytics and knows how to apply 80/20 thinking to the improvement of Verilux’s online business.
Verilux will be launching a new, responsive website in the coming months, and you’ll play a major part in the company’s SEO, SEM, email marketing and content marketing efforts. Beyond that, you can expect to be involved in the firm’s planning, forecasting, and pricing issues – which can get pretty gnarly given the number of places Verilux products are sold online.
As usual, we spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include …
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — whether your recruiter wants you to know about them or not!
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Very recent experience in implementing and/or maintaining major e-commerce platforms.
- Knowledge of direct to consumer commerce business models, specifically how to drive e-commerce sales through innovative, effective and cost-efficient
- marketing/merchandising programs and strategies.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Seller platforms in both U.S. and Canada (FBA and FBM)
- Experience collaborating with multiple organizations including, internally, marketing, operations, finance, and regulatory, and, externally, customers, vendors, and 3PL providers.
- An analytical, problem solving and results-driven approach to e-commerce challenges and opportunities
- Ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, and proactively identifying areas for improvement.
- Hands on expertise using Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and SEO tools.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics (Affiliates, SEM, Email, Display, Social).
- Able to change and adapt to new duties and roles in an evolving marketplace and work environment.
- PC skills to include MS Office, particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Drive the development of new features, programs and promotions for the online store to optimize the overall user experience.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to assure that the execution of initiatives for e-commerce sales are in line with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Manage execution and optimization of digital marketing programs to drive store sales (e.g. Social Media, SEM, Email, Display)
- Monitor other marketplace products such as Amazon FBA, new product/promo offerings, and pricing; leverage internal and external data sources to identify
- gaps/opportunities in online store.
- Develop and manage the onsite testing roadmap; oversee the site testing process to improve engagement and conversion metrics for online store
- Use analytics to identify actionable insights and opportunities for testing and optimization, with a focus on improving conversion
- Assist in the development of pricing, promotional and other strategies to help achieve marketing and sales goals
- Monitor and analyze the overall health of the e-Commerce business as well as performance of program KPIs
- Partner with Operations to achieve cost and efficiency metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years experience working in digital marketing or ecommerce
- 3 years experience in retail digital merchandising
- 3 years experience working in an analytical role (preferred)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.