METRO BOSTON, MA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Metro Boston SEO jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with 1A Auto in their search for an SEO Manager based Westford, MA.
1A Auto is an online aftermarket auto parts retailer situated northwest of Boston. The firm prides itself on hiring the best talent, and it offers a positive, can-do culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity for professional advancement. As part of 1A Auto’s Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for the development and execution of SEO strategies across all of the firm’s brands.
My team and I had 2 x 45 minute intake calls with this client. Although I am not at liberty to share 1A Auto’s actual ecommerce numbers, I did manage to dig up some interesting tidbits about this market …
According to Morgan Stanley, the auto parts and accessories market is nearly $67 billion – or 3% of the total US consumer spend. That’s a huge nut. Consumer demand for auto parts has been bolstered by an increase in disposable income.
As the national level of per capita disposable income has grown, consumers have increased spending on auto parts — especially car accessories and performance parts. The aging of the US vehicle fleet during the previous five year period has also led to increased demand for industry products.
From an SEO standpoint, selling auto parts online is terrifically complicated: Consider every brand of car, every model, every type of auto part, and multiply that by the number of years in production. And these are all different SKUs: A radiator for a 1996 Subaru Impreza won’t likely fit a 2002 Subaru Impreza. In all likelihood, those parts are not interchangeable (I’m not a car guy), and they will be on different webpages needing to be optimized differently.
And Google’s constant updates won’t make your job any easier: These days, Google cares mostly about mobile first and page usefulness – meaning good, original content and key takeaways. Thin content won’t cut it.
About the Role
Because there are other recruiters working on this search, I’ll refrain from being too specific about what this job entails. No point in doing their homework for them. Having said that, here’s just some of what QUALIFIED candidates will learn from us when they call about this search …
- The TWO things that make the automotive industry so competitive from an SEO standpoint.
- How Google’s most recent changes have dramatically impacted all autoparts e-tailers.
- The number of 1A Auto’s websites that feed into the same CMS – and what that means for the company.
- The THREE tools you’ll use on a daily basis to do your job.
- The types of CMS you be using in this role.
- The FIVE key technical considerations that need to be managed in this role.
- How you can expect to interact with the technical team, and what they’d like to see in this new hire (YOU).
- The percentage of traffic the company gets from organic search — and how you can improve it.
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting … then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The top KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
And much, MUCH more.
If you’re looking for one of those Boston SEO jobs you can brag to your friends about, here it is. We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 40 pages! Be sure to TEXT me, Harry Joiner, for this info at (404) 281-2025.
Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.
- Design and execute short and long term SEO plans
- Content development – support integrated marketing campaign development and execution of blog posts, articles, newsletters, social media content, and other communication materials.
- Monitor industry trends and changes in SEO to help identify necessary updates and new opportunities
- Review and audit site to drive changes that comply with SEO best practices
- Identify and remove obstacles which impede search engines’ ability to find 1A Auto’s content
- Define and manage business requirements, related documentation and deliverables
- Track usage and sales metrics, and achievement of KPI’s against program goals
- Execute web marketing strategies that are tied to 1A Auto’s business goals to drive success of e-commerce revenue and brand awareness.
- Analyze technical aspects of the website and work closely with the development team to implement feasible solutions
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year College or university; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years’ experience managing enterprise-level SEO campaigns
- Good understanding of technical aspects of Search Engine Optimization including XML sitemaps, schema.org markup, meta tags, HTML device specific optimization
- Overall knowledge of online media and web disciplines including content development, design, user experience, conversion optimization
- Strong analytical skills and experience in working with numbers
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, familiarity with basics of statistical analysis preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, WordPress.
- Good knowledge of Social media marketing including YouTube, Facebook, online forums and more
- Automotive knowledge is a plus
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.