WINSTON-SALEM, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce sales jobs around!
We are working with Hanes Brands in their search for a Senior Customer Development Manger for Amazon based in Winston Salem, NC.
HanesBrands is a leading marketer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel in the Americas, Europe and Asia under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands, including Hanes, Champion, Playtex, DIM, Bali, Maidenform, Flexees, JMS/Just My Size, Wonderbra, Nur Die/Nur Der, Lovable and Gear for Sports.
I’m sure you’ve seen Hanes’ ads …
Hanes Brands sells tee shirts, bras, panties, shapewear, underwear, socks, hosiery, and activewear produced in its own low-cost global supply chain. The company is a member of the S&P 500 index and has ~65K employees in more than 35 countries. Hanes is ranked No. 490 on the Fortune 500 list and is the only apparel producer to ever be honored by the Great Place to Work Institute for its workplace practices in Central America and the Caribbean.
For six consecutive years, Hanes has won the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Energy Star sustained excellence/partner of the year award – the only apparel company to earn these honors. The company ranks No. 246 on Newsweek magazine’s green list of 500 largest U.S. companies.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager Customer Development, Amazon role owns a very aggressive customer growth opportunity within the company’s Amazon team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, executing and driving well thought-out sales and marketing strategies across a complex platform of categories that delivers accelerated sales and profit growth. You’ll need to be a self-starter, a collaborator, a good communicator and have the leadership abilities to lead a team.
- Owns the HbI lead role in customer management at Amazon.
- Will exhibit a keen understanding of the marketing and sales process with the ability to develop, implement and communicate well thought out strategies to profitably drive HbI businesses.
- Will have accountability for continuous and comprehensive sales action plans to achieve goals – display ability to execute short term and long term opportunities in managing results.
- Responsible for product sell-in, assortment management, item set-up, forecasting and sales to meet/exceed HbI financial metrics.
- Must quickly develop an understanding of Amazon’s processes, strategies and financial metrics to communicate and collaborate with Hanesbrands business partners to drive incremental business.
- Conduct business reviews with cross functional Hanesbrands teams, including but not limited to, marketing, forecasting, planning, customer service, and design/merchandising.
- Development and management of the trade and budget plans to effectively delivery growth and profit. Includes over-sight of markdown, advertising, and marketing budgets specific to business category.
- Develop annual financial and sales plans in conjunction with Customer Officer.
- Lead quarterly product reviews, assortment plans and account sell in meetings.
- 4-year college degree (BA, BS)
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be creative, to be a problem solver and think outside of the box.
- Prefer 5+ years of previous sales or marketing experience with major retailer partners (major retailer experience preferred)
- Subscribes to the highest standards of business ethics and Global Code of Conduct
- Expert and functional knowledge of Microsoft office – especially excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibits leadership and management skills, along with strong problem solving and communication abilities
- Travel Required
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.