NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here.
One of the coolest NYC ecommerce jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Uniti Fashion in their search for a VP of Ecommerce for CR7.com to be based in New York City.
Ever heard of Cristiano Ronaldo?
He’s kind of a big deal. As the world’s highest paid athlete, the handsome 32 year old Forward for Real Madrid enjoys a mythic status as one of the greatest players to ever lace up a pair of soccer cleats. His bod is chiseled. His fame is Beatle-esque.
Honestly, I’ve watched this video six times and it still chokes me up. (Hey, I’m a parent.) What a guy! (I have three sons.) What’s not to love? (I have three daughters.)
To put this in perspective, Ronaldo has 27 TIMES as many Facebook fans as Tom Brady. Ronaldo has 91 million Instagram followers, 50 million Twitter followers (I couldn’t even find Tom Brady), and 634 thousand YouTube subscribers. Yes, subscribers.
Imagine waking up every day to that kind of social media reach. Watch this …
As Uniti Fashion’s new VP of Ecommerce, it’ll be your job to help harness that goodwill for CR7.com, the ecommerce site for Cristiano Ronaldo’s new denim and woven shirt range. Just wrap your brain around that for a moment.
Uniti Fashion is a 15-year old company whose services include apparel trend forecasting, product development and design, sourcing, procurement, opportunistic buying, manufacturing and delivery. With offices in New York, Hong Kong, London, Sydney and Cape Town, Uniti has designed, manufactured and supplied lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories to retailers and brands around the world over.
Which is why Uniti was awarded the global license for CR7.
Uniti’s license allows it to build and run the site plus produce the product it sells. Currently the site is under construction, and it’ll be your job to finish it on time and under budget — and then manage, market, and optimize the site with the goal of making CR7.com a leading global ecommerce platform.
You’ll be asked to develop and implement winning go-to-market strategies for new items, and you’ll take the lead on matters relating to product design, manufacturing and distribution on a global level.
Uniti has already selected Shopify Plus as well as Radial and Sage X3 as technology partners. It’ll be up to you to recruit your team, and it would behoove you know how to source and screen innovative A-players who know how to run tight, clean projects.
There’s a good chance you’ll be working with major apparel retailers after CR7.com’s launch, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself coordinating their promotional calendars and supply chains with CR7’s.
CR7.com’s sales goal for Year 1 is ~$30 million, with half of that being internationally driven. You’ll have major marketing support in the UK, US, and European markets as your order volumes swell to 1500-2000 per day. The product line will consist of denim and woven shirts, and the plan will see mens launch first, then boys, and finally ladies and girls. Mens jeans will etail for $69 – $130 with the AOV hovering around $75.
As for driving traffic to CR7.com, you’ll have at least one agency supporting you.
Having said that, agencies don’t do what you EXPECT. They do what you INSPECT. Meaning, you’ll be expected to sanity-check their decisions re: buying the right traffic at the right price.
After all, this’ll be YOUR business to run — and YOUR P&L.
Because CR7.com is launching soon, you’ll be under a lot of pressure to jump in and manage a massive project that is already in motion. You won’t be alone: Uniti has ~20 people in their New York office, and globally there’s have a team of 240. You’ll have plenty of support in terms of web design, inventory management, logistics, supply chain, online and offline promotion, merchandising, and more.
You won’t be left hanging.
On any given day you’ll attend meetings with different stakeholders who’re building the site. Expect lots of integration meetings with vendors. You’ll be looked to for advice on defining business rules for things like returns processing, customer service escalations, and so forth. Naturally, you’ll have the overall responsibility for making sure the site launch doesn’t stray from its timeline. Plan on undergoing extensive training in Sage X-3 and Shopify Plus.
At the end of 180 days, what will you have accomplished?
Well, the site will be live and making money. That’s a given. You’ll have hit your sales targets, plus you’ll have made smart decisions around media spend. Six months in, the site should be converting nicely. Also, we’ll expect that you and your team will have developed a reliable, scalable process for targeting and growing promising new product categories and market segments. By then, CR7’s house file should be growing, and we’ll expect you to develop a plan for loyalty, retention, re-engagement, and re-activation.
World-class online merchandising chops are REQUIRED, as is a deep knowledge of forecasting, planning, and inventory management. The job is based in NYC and reports directly to a Uniti Partner.
And given that many of the world’s greatest football clubs are (finally!) embracing digital transformation, it’s essential that CR7.com be a shining example of just how magical an ecommerce fansite can be.
As always, I have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. My industry research for this assignment exceeds 50 pages! For more information, text “[your name] + CR7” to (404) 281-2025 and I’ll call you ASAP.
Please note we are the exclusive recruiters on this search. Applying directly to Uniti Fashion will gain you no advantage: All resumes sent directly to Uniti will be routed right back to yours truly for processing.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including, business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, website design, customer service, web analytics and web technologies
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact within the eCommerce organization for cross functional partners acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test eCommerce initiatives
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the eCommerce strategy
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaign
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to eCommerce and communicate relevant information to executive leadership and cross-functional partners
- Partner with key cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant organizational goals and implications are factored into eCommerce projects
- Build and direct a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop eCommerce solutions
- Generate and implement new sales and marketing initiatives to increase eCommerce sales and profitability
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years managing websites, preferably with experience in apparel/retail/fashion
- Degree in Marketing with Online Marketing experience
- Strong understanding on best practices and the impact that these have on SEO, as well as marketing best practices that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth.
- Managing and directing website Technical Structure, Design & Aesthetics, Content, Navigation, Information Architecture, Branding/Marketing, Performance, and Functionality efforts to positively impact eCommerce efforts
- Ability to specify technical changes to technical/development teams
- An in depth understanding of search engines, search engine optimization and factors that influence high rankings in Google
- Experience with PPC – Management of Pay per click programs
- Backlinking: can demonstrate successful link building campaigns that result in the acquisition of large volumes of inbound, high quality links
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Experience using a CMS and an understanding of the impact they have on SEO
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing and MSN AdCenter
- Ability to compile and analyze search data and metrics and make decisions regarding campaign direction
- Ability to perform click through rate, conversion, spend and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities
- Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.