ANYWHERE USA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Ecommerce Sales jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Paying great money, this is a home-based Ecommerce Sales Director opportunity with a phenomenal company headquartered in a heavenly place. Re-read that. There is NO reason not to pounce on this totally legit career opportunity.
How would you like to be a part of this team? …
Kicking Horse Coffee sources only super-premium, Organic, Fairtrade coffee beans from around the world. Those beans are roasted, blended and packed in drop-dead gorgeous Invermere BC — smack dab in the middle of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, which just happen to provide the right temperature and humidity levels for roasting exceptional tasting coffee.
As Canada’s #1 Organic Fairtrade Coffee, every Kicking Horse Coffee bean is roasted and packaged the same day to ensure ultimate freshness. With impressive sales and a healthy bottom line, Kicking Horse Coffee proves that a company that refuses to compromise its core values can also be incredibly profitable.
Currently, Kicking Horse Coffee sells most of its product through grocery stores. In light of its aggressive growth plans, the importance of its ecommerce channel can’t be understated. U.S. online retail represents phenomenal growth opportunity for Kicking Horse Coffee, especially within the millennial cohort.
Increasingly, millennial consumers are getting coffee delivered directly to their homes – and nearly half of them will research a new brand online before buying it. In categories like coffee, consumers will visit Amazon, read the ratings and reviews and buy accordingly.
Kicking Horse Coffee wants to make Organic, Fairtrade coffee universally available, which means there’s plenty of upside potential with this role. Currently, Kicking Horse Coffee needs a more complete, buttoned up strategy for its ecommerce business, which continues to grow despite the channel’s lack of close oversight.
Obviously, for competitive reasons, I’ll stop short of diving into the client’s numbers for Amazon and Target – which make up the lion’s share of its ecommerce business. What I will say is that it will fall to YOU to tease out the most future oriented way Kicking Horse Coffee should take its brand to market online.
Is this role right for you?
Kicking Horse Coffee knows a great deal about natural, independent and traditional retail sales of premium Organic, Fairtrade coffee. It knows less about how ecommerce can provide strategic lift to its business. I’ve written a lot of CPG posts in the last two years, and many world-class CPG firms are still just learning the ropes in our industry.
A great deal of Kicking Horse Coffee’s business comes through Amazon but the company has yet to reach its potential there. You’ll need to know how to make money on Amazon in brand accretive ways, and we’ll expect you to develop a MUCH larger vision for how Kicking Horse Coffee should reach out to consumers in other channels throughout the world — given the trends that are expected to shape the CPG landscape through 2030.
(Uh, you might actually wanna back up and read that article …)
You’ll need to act as a resource for the entire team – to be the face, mind, and voice of ecommerce for Kicking Horse Coffee, as it were. Meaning, even though you’ll work remotely, you’ll be expected to live and breathe Kicking Horse Coffee’s values. This company has an amazing culture, and they want to keep it that way.
The amount of information I have on this opportunity is absolutely ridiculous. The client was so transparent and forthcoming about their business, their market, their challenges, and their opportunities that my kickoff call notes and research for this search exceeds 50 pages.
Applying for this job without that research will be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. And candidates: Contacting Kicking Horse Coffee directly won’t do you any good. They’ll simply reroute your resume back to me.
If you’d like to know more about the opportunity, please text “[your name] + KHC” to (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply using the link below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you about this insanely great search.
- Lead the online sales and marketing strategy for Kicking Horse Coffee with ecommerce retailer partners that will support Kicking Horse Coffee’s growth targets.
- Be the Key Account Manager for all online partners and retailers.
- Analyze performance for all accounts and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage the P&L for this new division of Kicking Horse Coffee.
- Contribute to overall business objectives by developing and delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in ecommerce.
- Experience working with Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com.
- Experience working with iHerb.com would be considered an asset.
- Formal education or training in sales or marketing. This could be a degree, diploma, or exceptional on-the-job training from a previous role.
- Experience developing budgets and working harmoniously with internal and external teams.
- Experience identifying the return of investment of any given project.
- Experience working with a Consumer Packaged Goods company would be icing on the cake!
- A knack for building solid relationships, people want to work with you!
- Impeccable attention to detail and high standards for quality.
- Solid time management skills (Kicking Horse Coffee doesn’t believe in micromanaging its people.)
- A passion for an active and healthy lifestyle.
- The ability to solve complex challenges, within a defined framework.
- Outtstanding verbal, written and presentation skills. You are a clear, concise communicator and you believe in the power of proofreading your work.
- The discipline to work from a remote office.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.