METRO CHICAGO – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce sales jobs around!
We are working with American Licorice Company in their search for an Ecommerce Sales Manager based in LaPorte, Indiana.
A privately held industry leader in manufacturing and marketing candy products, the American Licorice Company is one of America’s original licorice manufacturers. Since its founding in 1914, American Licorice has brought happiness to consumers with their Red Vines®, Fruit Vines®, Sour Punch®, Punchies® and Super Ropes® candies.
This position is responsible for the management of digital sales, ecommerce, trade spend budget, and development and application of category management. This role will oversee the Analytics team which provides insights and recommendations for profitable sales and market share growth. The Analytics team works with the Sales team by providing financial analysis, category assessments and competitive trends.
In this role, you’ll work cross functionally with several departments to develop planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and help set strategies. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for developing an ecommerce business plan and strategy, and you’ll help develop ALC’s digital sales business working with the firm’s Sales and Digital Business Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coach and manage eCommerce, Analytics, and Digital Business managers.
- Develop and manage eCommerce business plan working with SCO and Marketing
- Provide direction and process for digital business
- Provide guidance on development of new processes and improvements on financial analysis and business insights.
- Develop and implement business model for tracking internal and external (retail) pricing, providing direction to sales and accounting for recommendations.
- Establish budget for trade spend and channel objectives and implement account based P&L based spend analyzers.
- Assist Sr. Business Development Manager on business development for Inside Sales.
- Provide guidance to Analytics team to identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Collaborate with Sales Managers and top retailers on account specific analytics.
- Provide oversight and direction on utilizing category and shopper insights, assortment optimization, merchandising excellence on POG’s for sales team and to support Marketing for strategy development.
- Assist in development of account plans, strategies & priorities to the team.
- Manage, audit and maintain integrity of the budget for Trade Spend in Adaptive Planning.
- Develop process for annual planning working cross functionally with CRM and Accounting
- Work with IT to develop best practice approach for forecasting and be the sales liaison working with Demand Management
- Develop process for evaluating effectiveness of ALC promotions through post-analysis, and make recommendations to Sales Managers for top accounts. Utilize both JDE and other reports including customer P&L’s.
- Be proficient in interpreting shopper and consumer research to drive category solutions development with ALC’s customers.
- Develop process for Sales Analytics team to effectively analyze POS and syndicated data for opportunity gap recommendations, pricing changes and sales trends. This could involve merging of data.
- Maintain frequent, clear and open communication within and among departments regarding projects, insights and/or company issues.
- Continual involvement with accounts through meetings and other means for feedback to ALC on account directional changes, corporate strategies, annual business plans.
- Find effective process for monitoring and tracking distribution including new item tracking.
- Responsible for Food Safety as related to the position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years’ experience and education in Consumer Product Goods industry.
- Three years’ experience in analytics, finance or category management preferred
- Three years’ experience with eCommerce or related field.
- Travel expectations 10-20%.
- Two years managerial experience
- High level of proficiency in MS Office and in generating and interpreting syndicated data
- Experience with panel data (Nielsen/IRI) and/or shopper data (Extra Care, dunnhumby, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrate a high level of independence and self motivation; take initiative and show resourcefulness while working in a flexible team environment.
- Desire to manage and coach others.
- Experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen, Retail link, etc.) and have used forecasting software.
- Computer proficient with ability to comprehend new systems.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.