NEW YORK CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
Okay, this is highly unusual for me: I’m going to run this search a bit like a casting call. I have a confidential client in the city who has two excellent candidates under consideration and they have come to me to see if I can deal them a better hand. And frankly, it’s SMART of them to see who else I can rustle up because I have broad, proprietary distribution to an engaged, highly targeted audience — and I work on a contingency basis.
Meaning, there’s NO risk or expense to the client to have me shake the trees.
Anyway, I have worked with this client many times and they’re awesome. The client is a vertically integrated luxury accessories company that seeks a world-class VP of Marketing. Strictly speaking, this isn’t a pure ecommerce job – although digital is an essential part of how this company’s brand needs to be brought to life.
The company sells through higher-end department stores (e.g., Neiman, Saks, Bergdorf), independent boutiques, and direct-to-consumer via its Madison Avenue store and brand website. The firm has a CEO who has been profiled in numerous national publications. (You’d probably know her if I dropped her name. As one of the smartest marketers I’ve ever interviewed, she’s a high-energy, brand marketing-driven executive with an excellent pedigree.)
Her strategy focuses on “innovation” and “elevation” and the CEO believes that an active, upgraded digital marketing presence is a core element of that strategy. As this company’s VP of Marketing, you will lead marketing and ecommerce.
We’re looking for a digitally savvy, entrepreneurial executive (VP level) to lead this team. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience growing an upscale, lifestyle brand via a wide range of marketing programs such as PR, events, social media, digital advertising, retailer co-marketing, and traditional media.
You must be capable of translating brand vision/values into effective creative assets and making decisions based on data-driven analysis (i.e., strong in both “left brain” and “right brain” thinking).
ALL APPLICATIONS FOR THIS SEARCH MUST BE SUBMITTED TO ME BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS THURSDAY, APRIL 14, 2016.
To be considered for this role, please email your resume to Harry Joiner. Or simply TEXT [“your name” + “luxury”] to (404) 281-2025
As usual, I have a crazy amount of proprietary information on this client as well as the members of the hiring committee. Happy to share that with all qualified candidates. You’d be crazy to apply without this information, so please ask me about it.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct ongoing research and data analysis of key client insights leading to actionable strategies that drive growth
- Identify new strategic business initiatives and validate business impact and viability
- Ongoing analysis and optimization of key promotions and programs to identify growth and sales opportunities
- Develop, manage and execute brand marketing campaigns in partnership with outside agencies and internal creative teams
- Oversee collateral process with Creative Services.
- Drive the execution of the publicity strategy to communicate the brand to key media influencers and publications.
- Create annual PR strategy document, utilizing key findings (strengths/opportunities) and leveraging this information throughout the year to adapt the strategy as needed
- Develop product feature stories (and full pages) for national publications to be executed in partnership with the Marketing team
- Act as the lead digital adviser for the department, including keeping abreast of new platforms, resources, blogs, websites, industry trends, etc
- Maintain relationships with national and regional press, freelance stylists/journalists, bloggers, etc.
- Develop and execute strategy to drive rapid, above-market, profitable growth in the e-commerce channel, while achieving sales and margin objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement in the site’s user experience, building a strategic roadmap for evolving the brand’s online shopping experience and overall presence in web, mobile and social channels.
- Profitably acquire new customers through digital advertising and PR, social media, search engine marketing, display advertising, and other online marketing programs.
- Increase customer retention and lifetime value through effective use of database marketing/CRM techniques and targeted email marketing.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising team to develop online assortments that satisfy consumer expectations and achieve financial objectives.
- Manage the deployment of brand content, new product launches and other online merchandising activities to improve site conversion, average order size and repeat traffic.
- Support wholesale channels through digital marketing initiatives and the development of consumer insights.
- Build and lead a high-performing digital marketing/ecommerce team that forges strong cross-functional relationships.
- Identify, select and manage external web development and marketing agencies; ensure they meet performance and cost objectives.
- Prepare annual budgets, provide ongoing results analysis and forecasting, and drive prioritization of investments through quantitative business justification.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 years of experience in the Marketing/Public Relations field for a major fashion brand
- Deep experience utilizing social media as marketing tools. (Social media is a BIG deal here.)
- Should have a strong knowledge of the fashion industry with extensive fashion editor contacts/relationships
- Advanced skills in organizing events at both the corporate and store level.
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of the time.
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Ability to create and manage event budgets.
- Must have the ability to negotiate and build relationships with vendors to work within a budget.
- Must have excellent time management and organization skills.
- Communication – Communicates in a strong, positive and effective manner both verbally and non‐verbally. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors and press.
- Innovative – Must be a creative thinker who offers new ideas and sees opportunities to market the brand.
- Proactive – Must be a self-starter that can thrive in a fast-paced, creative and collaborative environment. Solve problems creatively; take initiative to achieve results; and meet short deadlines.
- Organizational Skills – Information must be organized, accessible, and maintained efficiently. Must manage time well.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.