METRO BOSTON – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest CRM jobs around!
HARRY’S COMMENTS: New Balance is one of the world’s most respected names in running. The firm has been around for over 100 years, and it the only company in the athletic footwear business that still builds athletic footwear in the USA, in New England where ‘Merican workers produce New Balance’s most iconic shoes, including ‘custom’ shoes made exactly for an individual’s unique style. The firm’s global growth, retail brand focus, and younger/faster brand expression has completely transformed NB into a major player.
NB is investing heavily in marquee athletes and teams that fit the New Balance values and consumer aspirations … baseball athletes like CJ Wilson, Jose Baltista, and Dustin Pedroia, tennis athletes like Milos Raonic and Heather Watson, track athletes like Jenny Simpson and Emma Coburn, soccer athletes like Aaron Ramsey, and leading global clubs like Liverpool Footbol, Celtic Football, the Boston Red Sox, the Los Angeles Dodgers, and the New York Road Runners.
With more than 1000 retail stores around the world and a rapidly growing global ecommerce suite, NB is evolving it’s outstanding product-driven culture into a sophisticated, consumer focused retail-centric marketing orientation. Multi-channel. Multi-device. The company needs digital stars to make this transition. NB’s value proposition is expanding and evolving, but its mission is not: To delight consumers and help them achieve their athletic goals.
The meaning of word “athletic” broadens every year.
Most of NB’s consumers participate in running, cross training, and sports as a means to stay in shape. Some of these athletes are totally dedicated. For others it’s just a part of their life. The list of sports and athletic activities that New Balance supports is long, and NB helps these athletes achieve their goals in a wide range of areas.
The firm competes in both apparel and footwear — plus it has a lifestyle-oriented business that’s growing like a weed. To whit: Last September NB launched a series of successful womens catalogs that drove significant traffic to its site and stores.
In general, New Balance serves three basic types of consumers: 1.) younger, smart, wired consumers where running is part of their life but isn’t the only aspect of their interests; 2.) student athletes who are leaders on their teams and carry their love of sport through their college years; and 3.) lifestyle consumers who constantly evolve their look and style.
About the Role
Reporting in to the Head of DTC Marketing, the Manager of CRM Marketing will develop best in class CRM go to market plans within the North America Marketing team and deliver on the CRM business objectives of the region (loyalty, catalog and email). This role will lead the team that drives customer loyalty and engagement with a long term focus on company growth through marketing capabilities. In this role, you will collaborate across the Retail and Ecom businesses and North America Marketing team to create loyalty and email strategies that are aligned to short term and long terms goals of the brand and business.
You will partner with the leader of DTC marketing to inform the strategic roadmap for loyalty and engagement capabilities with a focus on driving retention, deeper customer engagement and ROI. You’ll also oversee the development of integrated marketing strategies and programs to obtain and increase consumer lifetime value and advocacy inclusive of all direct to consumer marketing touch points (loyalty, email, mobile app & catalog).
- Delivery of the US owned revenue number and associated metrics
- Oversee the Loyalty and Email Marketing teams which implement loyalty program and relationship marketing programs to improve acquisition and retention of consumers, ultimately being responsible for delivering the CRM revenue number to the business
- Develop an integrated ‘one face to the customer’ direct to consumer marketing strategy across channels and touch points, driving enhanced communication of the brand proposition to a broader range of targeted consumers
- Provide strategic guidance to the loyalty team in developing strategies to drive growth and development of the program, delivering positive change to membership volumes and purchase behavior
- Work directly with the email team, helping to develop and deliver consumer retention strategies, systems and plans that retain and monetize existing members
- Lead the catalog go-to-market strategy and execution, bringing in new users and converting them to the brand
- Oversee lifecycle marketing strategies which best identify valuable consumers, and key valuable milestones, and the tactics and incentives that will get them there; Identify and drive consumer retention KPI’s and optimize key metrics including retention and attrition rates of buyers
- Oversee the management of vendor relationships and maximize their service and offerings
- Continually perform competitive analysis of omni-channel marketing best practices/trends
- Loyalty P&L and related CAPEX/OPEX Management
- Manage, develop, and motivate a team of marketers responsible for the loyalty and CRM initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in CRM, managing email and loyalty programs, preferably in Retail
- In-depth knowledge of CRM disciplines, incl. primary research, segmentation, targeting, direct marketing, catalog & loyalty
- A proven track record of leveraging marketing insights and customer analytics to guide strategies and plans
- Deep understanding of multi-channel communication trends with an expertise in database and digital marketing
- P&L responsibility and budget management experience, with track record of delivering on the business and tracking ROI
- Travel required 20%
- Excellent leadership skills, including proven ability to manage / lead within a complex matrix organization and coach / grow your teams
- Proven ability to create a positive working environment that encourages creativity and the championing of new ideas and processes
- Excellent analytical skills, with detailed knowledge of retention & traffic driving metrics and KPIs
- Results driven
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.