TAMPA, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Tampa analytics jobs around!
We are working with Ashley Furniture HomeStores in their search for a world-class Web Analyst based in Tampa, Florida.
Ashley Furniture HomeStores makes beautiful home furnishings affordable. Period. In less than 10 years, AFH has become the No. 1 selling furniture brand in the world and the No. 1 retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States. The firm’s stores are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan, and AFH is expanding domestically and abroad everyday.
I’m sure you’ve got friends who own AFH’s products …
Two major factors that have contributed to AFH’s success.
First: Through vertical integration Ashley Furniture is able to deliver quality and value everyday. The Ashley Furniture team includes a full time design group dedicated to creating furniture styles that will complement any decorating style. Then, Ashley Furniture production teams carefully build each piece, ensuring quality construction and workmanship. Next, the furniture is carefully shipped to each Ashley Furniture HomeStore location using the company’s own transportation fleet.
Because the Ashley Team controls all processes from design to delivery, AFH is able to reduce its costs and pass these savings on to its customers as Exclusive Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pricing.
Second: Ashley Furniture stores are locally owned and operated. Because the firm’s store owners and their team members live and work in the same areas in which their stores are located, store managements have better insight into the needs and preferences of AFH’s local customers. Additionally, many of AFH’s stores actively participate in charitable events that promote the continued growth, development and enrichment of their communities.
About the Role
The Web Analyst is responsible for working in concert with the Web Analytics Manager and the Web Analytics Technical Lead in the continuous management of all eCommerce platform analytic initiatives. In this role, you will participate in collecting and analyzing data to measure the impact of online marketing initiatives, features and services to support strategic business decision making. You’ll ensure that the appropriate data-driven reports and insight continuously flow to management to drive sales, enhance the customer experience and deliver continued growth.
You will be accountable for ensuring relevant traffic and key performance data is captured that will provide actionable insights to support performance improvement in customer acquisition, conversion, sales and retention. Overall, you will contribute to the Ashley high performance culture by modeling our core values and contributing data-driven insight that keeps the Ashley brand as the #1 home furnishings market leader in style, selection, quality and value.
Is this job right for you?
Let’s discuss it! My team and I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Ashley Furniture’s Senior Manager, Web Analytics exploring this opportunity and teasing out exactly what the new hire must do to “win” in the role. Yet for competitive reasons I’m not going to get too granular here.
I’m happy to discuss everything I’ve heard, seen, and researched about those things with qualified candidates. You definitely don’t want to apply without this intel, so let me hook you up.
Simply TEXT [your name + “Ashley Furniture”] to me at (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply online below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you!
Primary Job Functions
- Works directly with the Web Analytics Manager and the Web Analytics Technical Lead in the continuous management of all eCommerce platform analytic initiatives.
- Assists the Web Analytics Manager in scoping and documenting analytics implementation requirements, success events and key performance indicators. Collaborates with stakeholders on analytical plan adoption.
- Collaborates with the Web Analytics Technical Lead to ensure Omniture Site Catalyst and Google Analytics are tagged and implemented for launch and for various campaigns. Coordinates with IT to ensure code is executed based on mutually agreed upon benchmarks and KPIs.
- Audits the website continually with the Web Analytics Technical Lead to ensure Omniture and Google Analytics are properly tagged and integrated. Helps to troubleshoot the web analytics system when needed to ensure continued data collection and reporting accuracy
- Supports web analytics platform operational administration upon implementation. Ensures relevant traffic and KPI-related data is captured to provide actionable insights.
- Participates in collecting and analyzing website data, such as traffic sources and patterns, order volume, navigation behavior, page performance, product selection, purchase conversion, etc., to measure the impact of online marketing initiatives, features and services.
- Uses quantitative and qualitative methodologies to draw insights and support the continuous improvement of the online support channels
- Conducts ad hoc reporting when needed.
- Ensures that appropriate data-driven reports and customer behavior insight continuously flow to management to help drive sales, enhance the customer experience and deliver continued growth.
- Demonstrates the company’s core and growth values in performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in web analytics and other web-based strategies. Keeps the team up-to-date with changes, trends and insights related to eCommerce analytics.
- Learns the furniture retail industry as a whole to establish a strong understanding of Ashley’s products and their positioning in the marketplace, as well as the processes and procedures in how the business is operated.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, finance, marketing, statistics or related degree.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Two to four years of experience in web analytics and performance measurement, preferably for a large, multi-channel retailer.
- Two to four years of hands-on experience working with an enterprise web analytics platform, such as Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, IBM/Coremetrics or Webtrends; Omniture preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets and databases; prior experience with query/reporting tools helpful.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Omniture Certified Professional helpful.
- Strong knowledge of business and web analytics and measures.
- Strong knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing techniques.
- Familiarity with modern web-based technologies, web architecture and user experience strategies.
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of data to yield actionable findings and create a recommended action plan.
- Strong skills in MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Project, or Access.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to organize thoughts, communicate clearly, completely and concisely.
- Strong organizational, detail, and project management skills, with the ability to consistently meet demanding deadlines.
- Strong skills in agility, along with the ability to pivot easily when business trends, directions and/or priorities change on short notice.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.