GREENSBORO, NC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with VF Jeanswear in their search for an Ecommerce Analyst for Wrangler based in Greensboro, NC. You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know their brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, VF outfits people of all walks of life. In fact, the firm has more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with over 59,000 associates. VF’s businesses and brands are organized into five “coalitions:” Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear and Contemporary Brands. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, its one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Investors love it, that’s for sure.
VF’s five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®. Other brands include 7 For All Mankind®, Bulwark®, Eagle Creek®, Eastpak®, Ella Moss®, JanSport®, Kipling®, lucy®, Majestic®, Napapijri®, Nautica®, Red Kap®, Reef®, Riders®, Splendid® and SmartWool®. Any of those ring a bell?
Here are a few quick facts about the company …
- 30+ brands
- 59K+ associates around the world
- 150 countries worldwide
- $12.3 billion in revenue
- 115 years of achievements and growth
- No. 1 manufacturer of denim
- 1,400 owned retail stores
- $1.2B returned to shareholders in 2014
- 1.3M units of apparel and footwear produced every day
This role is with the firm’s Wrangler brand …
About the Role
Wrangler is hiring an Ecommerce Analyst who will use data to do great things. You should possess a strong background in website analytics, digital marketing (especially SEM), business intelligence tools, and internet technologies. Additionally, you’ll need excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
You’ll need to be familiar with leading ecommerce solutions and applications, particularly those that relate to data collection, integration and analysis, channel attribution and modeling, lifetime value calculation, tag management, and split testing. Additionally, you’ll need to possess a mix of technical and business acumen and be capable of making data-driven recommendations based on big-picture strategic thinking.
This role will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the day to day ecommerce analytics and overall ecommerce customer experience for the brand’s website. You’ll play a key role in defining the direction of the online shopping experience from both a design and content perspective.
To “win” in the role, you will need a proven track record of using data to both identify and solve problems. An inveterate questioner, you can’t be afraid of challenging best practices, though you’ll need to be dialed into the industry norms. Finally, you will need an unwavering commitment to capturing and joining accurate data and disseminating it in an accessible way to various levels throughout the organization.
- Work closely with ecommerce manager to develop bottoms-up 5 year strategic plan
- Work closely with merchandisers to develop and routinely update category and sku sales forecasts and monitor sell-throughs
- Own all data coming out of and going into the ecommerce organization
- Champion brand’s cross-channel, cross-device attribution strategy
- Analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and annual web KPI’s. Report out to ecom team and broader organization
- Assist ecom marketing manager in promotional development and campaign analysis
- Own the ecommerce business scorecard
- Manage on-site split testing, on-site feature testing management from test framework building to tag deployment to results analysis
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analysis requests from various functions
- Develop business cases for new ecommerce initiatives
- Collaborate with other VF brand analysts to build best-in-class apparel digital analytics strategy
- Superior Excel skills: Ability to develop flexible excel models using disparate data sources
- Technical acumen: understand how to use unique customer and campaign identifiers in order to analyze performance and develop testable personalized experiences
- Ability to act very quickly within a fluid environment
- Expertise in at least one of the following: IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics), Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Google Analytics, or Webtrends. Experience in developing rules-based segments and filters in any of these
- Ability to manage tag management integrations (eg Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten)
- Understanding of the “data layer” concept and how to apply it to new site features, split testing, and on-site tracking
- Ability to develop and analyze user experience tests using Monetate, Optimizely, Maxymizer, Adobe Target, or other split-testing platform
- Familiarity with high-level statistical analysis: understand when results are statistically significant and should be used to drive business decisions
- Financial acumen: understand how to measure return, various types of margin calculation, and have an opinion about lifetime value
- Possess a general knowledge of what can be accomplished using “front end” web technologies and web API’s
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, both from a site architecture and meta-tagging standpoint as well as from an on-page content standpoint
- Competent in css, js/jquery, html (awareness of java, json not necessary but nice to have)
- Advanced statistics competencies. Capable of building probabilistic models in excel or other statistical tools
- Expert in executing on SEO best practices from a technical perspective (rules-based meta tags and content, xml sitemaps, htaccess, robots.txt)
- Ability to build SQL queries and use regex
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters is a plus)
- 3+ years working in web analytics, business intelligence, data science, or as an ecommerce generalist with a focus on analytics for an ecommerce business
- 5+ years using BI tools to collect and report on data
- 5+ years working in the digital space
- Voice-of-customer and other qualitative data analysis
- A/B testing and analysis
- Usability testing
- Desired Experience
- Working within an agile development process
- Project Management
- Creation and implementation of GTM triggers and macros
- Recommending and overseeing implementation of SEO-based and web-analytics-related changes to Adobe Experience Manager and IBM Websphere Commerce
- Multivariate testing and analysis
- Customer journey analysis (ie monitoring visitor sessions and identifying opportunities for improvement)
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)