TAMPA, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Tampa ecommerce jobs around!
We are working with Ashley Furniture HomeStores in their search for a world-class Manager, Ecommerce Marketing based in Tampa, Florida.
Ashley Furniture HomeStores makes beautiful home furnishings affordable. Period. In less than 10 years, AFH has become the No. 1 selling furniture brand in the world and the No. 1 retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States. The firm’s stores are located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and Japan, and AFH is expanding domestically and abroad everyday.
I’m sure you’ve got friends who own AFH’s products …
Two major factors that have contributed to AFH’s success.
First: Through vertical integration Ashley Furniture is able to deliver quality and value everyday. The Ashley Furniture team includes a full time design group dedicated to creating furniture styles that will complement any decorating style. Then, Ashley Furniture production teams carefully build each piece, ensuring quality construction and workmanship. Next, the furniture is carefully shipped to each Ashley Furniture HomeStore location using the company’s own transportation fleet.
Because the Ashley Team controls all processes from design to delivery, AFH is able to reduce its costs and pass these savings on to its customers as Exclusive Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pricing.
Second: Ashley Furniture stores are locally owned and operated. Because the firm’s store owners and their team members live and work in the same areas in which their stores are located, store managements have better insight into the needs and preferences of AFH’s local customers. Additionally, many of AFH’s stores actively participate in charitable events that promote the continued growth, development and enrichment of their communities.
About the Role
As the firm’s new Ecommerce Marketing Manager, you’ll support the Ecommerce Marketing Team in all aspects of Search Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Display Marketing, SEO, and other digital Media for Ashley Furniture’s web business. You will lead third party vendors to develop growth-oriented strategic plans for each of the brand’s marketing channels, and you’ll communicate key initiatives, dates and promotions while staying on top of changes in the online marketing environment as they pertain to the firm.
Beyond that, you’ll contribute to the firm’s high performance culture by modeling its core values and overseeing eCommerce marketing activities that keep the Ashley brand as the #1 home furnishings market leader in style, selection, quality and value.
Is this job right for you?
Let’s discuss it! My team and I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Ashley Furniture’s Director of Ecommerce exploring this opportunity and teasing out exactly what the new hire must do to “win” in the role. Yet for competitive reasons I’m not going to get too granular here.
I’m happy to discuss everything I’ve heard, seen, and researched about those things with qualified candidates. You definitely don’t want to apply without this intel, so let me hook you up.
Simply TEXT [your name + “Ashley Furniture”] to me at (404) 281-2025. Or simply apply online below. Either way, I look forward to chatting with you!
Ninety percent of this role involves leading the strategy, management, and execution of Ashley Furniture’s ecommerce marketing efforts to drive aggressive growth and ongoing efficiency improvements. Specifically, you will …
- Manage relationship and serve as primary business manager for paid search marketing, affiliate marketing, display marketing, SEO, and online media vendor(s).
- Work with multiple vendors to budget, implement, track, analyze, and optimize paid search, affiliate, SEO strategy & retargeting campaigns to meet and exceed business goals and objectives tied to the financial plans.
- Manage, monitor, and optimize product data feeds to ensure information is being passed to key information to third parties.
- Manage PPC strategy and execution, working with outside PPC agency to optimize paid search campaigns. Grow and optimize the keyword portfolio by testing ad, copy, landing pages and bidding strategies. Identify and review negative keywording to lower cost.
- Develop brand appropriate test plans for new features and tools.
- Work with outside SEO agency and internal IT teams to develop and execute SEO strategy to grow qualified organic traffic.
- Actively identify, recruit, establish, and develop relationships with affiliates to increase ROI and drive profitable sales growth.
- Monitor and track vendor invoices.
- Subject matter expert, maintaining awareness of competitive benchmarks, best practices, market trends, and competitive activity.
- Regularly and rigorously report on channel performance and communicate to all levels of management changes in strategy and optimizations made which helped meet and exceed business financial plans.
To do these things right the first time, you’ll need to maintain a focus on continuous learning and improvement. Specifically, we’ll expect you to ensure a continued focus on performance improvement and personal/professional development by:
- Identifying and driving opportunities to continuously improve eCommerce marketing channel performance, tools, documentation and processes.
- Ensuring consistency and compliance with Ashley policies and procedures to gain operational excellence and efficiency.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in eCommerce marketing, the internet and the social space, attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; and participating in professional societies.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA/BS in business administration, marketing, communication, technology, or related
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Four to six years ecommerce/digital marketing (advertising) experience preferred
- Experience with managing ecommerce for company that also has a high % of brick and mortar customers preferred
- Experience in working ecommerce platforms
- 4-5 years’ experience working with analytical tools such as Omniture or Google Analytics
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.