BROOKLYN, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest UX jobs around …
We are working with a luxury retailer in its search for a Digital Graphic Desiger based in trendy Brooklyn, NY.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Reporting to the client’s Creative Director, the firm’s CEO is in the process of topgrading his team. Phenomenal creative is essential to the brand’s DNA, and the CEO is looking for a graphic design star who (as an individual contributor) can put the client’s brand on the same level as the online … brands … he admires.
The CEO needs an obscenely talented graphic web designer who has spent at least HALF their career in digital graphic design in an online retail ecommerce environment. The more experience you have with fashion or luxury marketing — the better. This role requires a self-starter who is very communicative and able to produce work with incredible efficiency and professionalism.
The client has some very interesting branding initiatives on tap, and you will be expected to design and develop your own creative. Truly, we’re not looking for a robot here: We’ll expect you to lend the brand your own creative edge within the boundaries of the client’s brand book …
… so long as your work is smart, brand accretive, and CONVERTS.
Having known this client for years, I can tell you that the firm’s best days are ahead of it. The company’s sense of creative adventure has never been stronger. But you’ll need to understand that part of what makes the client’s future so bright is the CEO’s bias for action: You and the team will be expected to make creative decisions quickly and correctly. And once those decisions are made, you’ll be expected to move on.
Translation: Check your ego at the door.
You’ll need to be very agile on the production side of the business, and you’ll need to have an analytical bias to the way you make decisions. What do the NUMBERS say about what’s working? The CEO will ask! Also: The CEO is determined to improve the company’s velocity of creative ideas and projects. Turnaround times must improve, as must the schizophrenia regarding the brand’s online personality (Monday it’s happy … Wednesday it’s moody … Thursday it’s mysterious, etc).
To kill it in this role, you’ll need strong WordPress, CSS, HTML, HTML5, and graphic design experience. You’ll spend roughly 25-30% of your time developing digital creative — and 75% of your time actually doing the work. Examples of things you be working on include developing and implementing multiple versions of creative for several different email campaigns, as well as managing the creative for the firm’s website, display ads, and retargeting initiatives.
If you’d like to know more about this opportunity, please apply below.
- Partnering with co-workers to design and produce marketing and web, graphics, layout, for the websites and email campaigns, digital display, digital PLAs
- Developing campaign concepts via graphic sketches, designs, and copy layouts for a variety of applications.
- Working closely with the photo department to direct certain lifestyle / product images as needed for various campaigns.
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selecting styles and size of type, and arranging layout based upon available space, knowledge of layout principles, and aesthetic design concepts
- Other duties relating to graphics or marketing as may be needed
- Production – creating all files in required formats and uploads to site
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 2-3 years experience in digital graphics design
- Advanced knowledge of software programs including Mac operating system, Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, and the Microsoft Office Suite; indesign;
- Proficiency in web design and development software is required, especially HTML5,
- Efficiency and speed are essential skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are imperative
- Ability to thrive in the fast-paced environment of a growing company
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.