MANHATTAN, NYC – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest social media jobs around!
We are working with Adorama in their search for a Director, Social Media and Strategy based in New York City. This is a terrifically cool social media job.
Adorama is more than a camera store — it’s one of the world’s largest photography, video and audio, imaging, and gear rental destinations to the consumer and professional markets. Serving customers for more than 35 years, Adorama grew from its flagship NYC store, to become a leading online destination for photography, video, audio, and consumer electronics.
Adorama’s vast product offerings encompass the deepest assortment of professional photography, audio, video, home entertainment, and mobile computing products. As an “authorized” retailer of leading global brands including Apple®, Nikon®, Canon®, Sony®, and other premier brands, demonstrates Adorama’s commitment to outfitting the professional and amateur with the right equipment.
The Company also offers robust services through its online photo printing business called Adorama Pix, along with a national camera, lens, and cinema gear rental business called Adorama Rental Company. Adorama’s history is a trusted advisor to photographers and professionals alike — and it brings free online education to photographers through its award-winning Adorama Learning Center, and delivers must-see television via a dynamic and exciting video channel called Adorama TV …
Adorama is listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, “Best of the Web” by Forbes.com, sits in the Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official photography retailer of the NY Giants.
About the Role
The Director, Social Media & Strategy is a newly expanded role accountable for leading the development of strategies and execution of Adorama’s social media channel and business objectives. Reporting to the CMO, S/he will develop strategies and execute on social media initiatives to create the leading social experience for professional photographers, and cinema producers and production professionals.
The successful candidate will build a powerful social strategy for Adorama, while leading the daily execution of our social operations. This includes executing posts, offers, building content, managing performance, monitoring sentiment, managing ROAS, and building powerful communications that support our digital and offline marketing programs.
The new Director, Social Media & Strategy will …
- Serve as the organizational expert regarding social media and identify new and emerging technologies and practices to create raving fans across the coolest brands to the photography profession including Adorama.com, AdoramaPix, and Adorama Rentals.
- Lead a small team of social associates across web, retail, rental, and photo finishing creating a powerful social buzz for our exciting collection of brands.
- Exploit Adorama’s deep capabilities in producing original and exciting video content to fuel our social presence across Adorama TV, ALC learning center, and our social properties to acquire raving fans.
- Monitor social media channels and conduct ongoing review of the company and its competitors in social media, and conducts competitive benchmarking
- Maintain a proven track record in and understanding of social media programs, monitoring tools and implementing social media best practices, with a sound grasp of the latest social trends.
- Experience partnering with Adorama leaders across our buying, retail, sales and marketing teams to ensure alignment of our social messaging and offer strategy to connect with customers and suppliers.
- Develop, launch, and oversee the execution of our engagement strategy, audience development, and social media analysis programs across our web, rental, and online photo finishing businesses.
- Bring proven experience within the areas of audience development, community management, and social media analysis to create a cost effective customer acquisition and revenue growth channel.
Must Have Skills:
- Exceptional leadership skills to grow, build, and retain a talented team of professionals passionate about the customers and the social experience they receive from Adorama.
- Strong knowledge of all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube), and familiar with Facebook Insights, Analytics Platforms and other reporting tools
- 4+ years social media and marketing management experience, with some exposure to working with freelance professionals and agencies.
- Familiarity with photography and consumer electronics industry, media and various photo domains.
- Strong writing skills and comfort creating short and long form written content, with basic knowledge of SEO & video optimization
- A premier analytics and financial competency that can rationalize social media investment based on the ROAS contribution.
Personality and Skills
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills (high EQ)
- Influencing Skills (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal)
- Organized and Attention-to-Detail (strong tactical execution)
- Innovative (need fresh, imaginative thinking)
- Organizational Leadership and Team Development (leads through influence)
- Translates Strategy into Actionable Initiatives (service orientation)
- Intellectual Horsepower (highly creative and strategic)
- Listening Skills (listen first, then respond)
- Highly Resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Ability to Express Ideas Clearly both Verbally / Written (communication excellence)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.