HOME BASED – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with GetResponse in their search for a Digital Marketing Manager. This position is both SALARIED and HOME BASED. Established in 1998, GetResponse helps more than 350,000 small businesses grow their revenues with easy, effective email marketing. More than 160,000 affiliates have signed up for the firm’s Partner Program, which pays a 33% commission — the highest in the industry.
GetResponse is a fast-growing, debt-free, profitable company with offices in Europe, Russia, Asia, Canada and the USA. The firm seeks a passionate, experienced Digital Marketing Manager to help GetResponse expand in the USA.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is one of the coolest Digital Marketing Manager jobs on the market. GetResponse develops and markets SaaS-based email marketing software for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs). Its software makes it super easy to create email newsletters and to automate marketing so that businesses can enjoy profitable, robust sales growth. Everything the company does is focused on helping SMBs generate more leads, more sales, to more prospective customers.
Headquartered in Poland, GetResponse’s revenue model is straightforward:
The company makes money through free trial upgrades and paid customers. The company offers a free trial account which lets customers enjoy 30 days of service. During that time, new users are able to store up to 250 contacts in their account. Once they exceed that amount or run out of time, it is up to these users to decide to upgrade the service to the paid Pro level.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategy, execution, analysis, and on-going optimization of GetResponse online marketing programs. This role is directly accountable for driving performance across a portfolio of online marketing programs including Paid Search, SEO, Comparison Shopping Engines (CSE), Remarketing, Targeted Display, Affiliates, International / Borderfree, Site Ratings & Reviews, Strategic Partnerships, along with discovering and testing new and emerging digital channels.
Until now, GetResponse hasn’t had a customer acquisition professional concentrating on the North American market. The company needs someone to optimize its paid media spend, and it seeks a growth hacker who can drive value within 90 days (and every day thereafter). You’ll be tasked with optimizing the budgets around GetResponse’s paid channels and lowering the firm’s cost-per-lead and cost-per-sale.
Are you right for the job?
Well, can you drive revenue? Let’s start there. You must be able to develop your own creative concepts for getting people to find, evaluate, purchase, and advocate for GetResponse. Working without a team, you must be a self-starter who can rally support for your ideas — both internally and externally, even when people aren’t obligated or incentivized to support you.
GetResponse’s culture is about getting one’s hands dirty all the time, and the firm’s focus is on things like product development, improving marketing, figuring out what keeps customers awake at night, and determining where the bottlenecks to growth are in its business and processes. The firm doesn’t have $1 billion to spend on marketing. GetResponse is scrappy, and it looks for “force multipliers” in all aspects of its business — so that every dollar it spends looks like it spent ten dollars.
If you can thrive in that kind of environment, then please apply below!
- Drive the digital marketing strategy, aligned with brand standards, execution and budget
- Lead, train, hire, and develop digital marketing team
- Manage digital marketing processes, plans and spend optimization across digital properties and device types
- Develop specific retention, reactivation, and new customer acquisition segment plans along with additional sub-segments (geo/market, credit, sub-brand, category, etc)
- Drive traffic and revenue through Paid Search, Natural Search/SEO, Affiliates, Email, Targeted Display, Site Ratings/Reviews, Retargeting, International, and Strategic Partnerships, Social Media And Video Media
- Create customer and geo segment based digital marketing strategies: Create digital strategies that drive customer acquisition and engagement
- Establish digital best practices and grow digital expertise across the organization
- Coordinate with Product Development team to ensure seamless execution of any updates to product panel
- Collaborate with the Online marketing managers team to design and develop new innovative marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5+ years online marketing experience
- 2-3 years’ experience managing a digital marketing team
- Hands-on expertise managing Paid Search, Email, SEO, Affiliate, Display, Mobile, and Social and Video campaigns required
- Prior 2+ years SaaS experience
- Proven people management and leadership skills
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong creative instincts balanced with very solid strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work on their own with remote supervision of CMO
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self directed and self self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Results oriented
- High communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)