OKLAHOMA CITY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest SEO jobs around!
We are working with APMEX in their search for an SEO Manager based in Oklahoma City, one of the coolest cities in America. Before we press on, take a couple of minutes to check out OKC, which as far as I’m concerned, is one of the best places to start or raise a family there is, and is rivaled only by Portland, Austin, and Boulder …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Until right this minute, had you ever heard of APMEX? Me neither. Turns out, APMEX is crushing it — generating more than $14 billion in transactions. And folks are starting to notice: Recently, the company was ranked #46 on Internet Retailer Magazine’s prestigious Top 500 list, and it won the top spot in the poll’s Specialty E-Retailer category. (No easy feat.)
APMEX is one of America’s largest precious metals etailers. The firm offers the highest quality products combined with insanely fast shipping and outstanding customer service to its growing base of individual and corporate clients. With more than 10,000 products in stock (look at all those webpages!), APMEX clients almost always find what they need. Moreover, the firm’s state-of-the-art website and dedicated Account Managers are a goldmine of knowledge for investors and collectors of bullion, semi-numismatic and numismatic items.
As APMEX’s SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for growing the firm’s organic search channel. You’ll need sharp analytical skills, a passion for customer experience, and the ability to drive enterprise scale results. We’ll expect you to be an expert in classical SEO best practices, as well as being a creative big thinker who can strategize for long-term SEO growth.
Clearly, you’ll need a sound understanding of competitive intelligence, content, social (what it can and can’t do for SEO), and other inbound marketing channels — and we’ll expect you to actually enjoy diving deep into SEO-relevant data and building cases for prioritizing projects to improve traffic, customer engagement, and sales.
You’ll work closely with APMEX team members from Analytics, UX, Online Marketing, Content, and Product Management (because here’s why), and you’ll actively engage far-flung business and technical teams from across the organization, ensuring that all SEO projects are done right the first time – on time and under budget.
- Exhibit mastery of on-site technical SEO including architecture, crawling, indexing and ranking signals
- Formulate and successfully articulate best SEO strategies/knowledge to team members along with providing improvement recommendations
- Define program-specific strategies and plans and drive results that meet or exceed annual traffic, demand, and customer acquisition and retention goals
- Ability to interact effectively in a cross-functional teams (Creative, Analytics, and Software Development)
- Build, maintain, and manage all facets of SEO including priorities and roadmap
- Analyze and report on SEO channel performance and evolve the key SEO metrics
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, report and execute on key findings to achieve online marketing objectives
- Perform day-to-day SEO operations including on-site updates, page creation, keyword research, meta tags, competitive market analysis, strategic link acquisition
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Work with the IT development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Driving continued optimization of SEM campaigns through management of PPC management partner by performance analysis, ad copy testing, quality score improvement, keyword management, etc.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative key wording, etc.
- Collaborate with external vendors and internal teams to improve effectiveness of SEO & SEM tactics
- Provide and analyze reports to demonstrate success of SEO & SEM strategies to senior management
- Managing for Results – Sets challenging and productive goals for team, keeps team accountable for actions, provides leadership and motivation, provides resources and support, uses checkpoints and data to track progress, sets up systems and processes to measure results.
- Budgets/Cost Control – Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Planning – Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Project Management – Establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout company, monitors project progress, and manages multiple projects.
- Results Focus – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Organizational Savvy – Operates within the organization’s formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others’ roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required
- 5 years of experience in online marketing or ecommerce
- 5 years working in search engine optimization SEO at enterprise scale
- 2 years’ experience managing an SEO team
- 2 years’ experience managing external vendors/agencies/partners
- 2 years’ experience with clickstream analysis, attribution, web analytics, and A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information, prioritize efforts, and achieve results with a strong sense of urgency
- Outstanding ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business partners
- Strong project and program management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO
- Familiarity with SEO tools: MOZ Open Site Explorer, Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, or SEM Rush
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics), Google & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Keyword Research
- Link Building
- Digital Asset Optimization
- Knowledge of CMS (content management system)/Blogging software like WordPress
- Keen attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills are necessary
- Able to work independently and as part of a team coordinating multiple tasks
- Assimilate corporate administrative procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Certified in Google AdWords, a plus
- Certified in Google Analytics, a plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.