RICHMOND, VA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest analytics jobs around!
We are working with Virginia Credit Union (“VACU”) in their search for a Sr. Digital Marketing Analyst based in Richmond, Virginia. Remember last week when I said how cool Oklahoma City is? Well, Richmond rocks, too. And it’s my kind of food town …
About the Role
The Sr. Digital Marketing Analyst contributes to the achievement of VACU’s strategic goals by leveraging data into measuring, identifying, and/or proposing solutions for the continuous improvement of VACU’s digital marketing program.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This role will be about optimizing every aspect of VACU’s digital marketing programs. What makes this such an interesting role is that “digital” may plug into any one of the thousand far-flung customer touch points. Which is why it is so important that this hire have a math, computer science, or statistics background. VACU needs an analytics gunslinger with an academically rigorous approach to testing and analysis. According to this role’s hiring manager, “This hire will be expected to analyze all traffic coming in, going through, and coming out of the sales funnel.”
Think about how much your bank knows about you.
A lot, right? Now think about all the different ways there are for banks to measure success in just one channel, like mobile: Active users; App downloads; Self-service usage; Logins; Modal usage (mobile Web, app; SMS); and much more. Now add to that the mind numbing complexity wrought by channel mix. In this role, you will be helping everyone at VACU stay on the right track by helping them understand how customers are interacting with the firm – and what the firm could be doing to improve its overall customer experience.
Bottom line: What VACU needs is a whip-smart analyst who can help the firm leverage the numbers to reward its members … help them to be more confident about their finances … get smarter about their needs and values … and anticipate their needs. It’s up to you to help VACU do this by improving the SPEED, QUALITY, and INSIGHTFULNESS of its analysis.
If that appeals to you, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply below.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages VACU digital analytics solutions. Ensures they are up to date, appropriately deployed, and correctly used to maximize data collection while reducing exposure
- Collaborates with the Digital Marketing Team to enhance the effectiveness of the website, email program, display program, social media, and other channels
- Ensures that all possible credit union digital collateral is positioned to be tracked and measured
- When and where appropriate, makes recommendations to improve marketing initiatives that support the credit union’s goals based on data and analysis
- Maintains records and documentation of key elements of digital direct marketing initiatives such as list selection criteria, key dates, cost, and results
- Researches new and emerging digital marketing technologies for potential marketing enhancements
- Supports Digital Marketing Team by reviewing website content and enhancements for consistency in function and style
- Serves as a backup for creating and editing content on VACU.org
Reporting and Project Support
- Primary source in marketing for web/digital data for project support and post-mortem analysis
- Serves as primary contact for Web analytics tools, analysis, and reporting
- Ensures the proper implementation of digital tracking across all of VACU’s web properties
- Works closely with the Digital Marketing Team to appropriately develop, deploy, and measure tests leading to the continuous improvement of the digital marketing program
- Develops, maintains, and improves digital channel attribution models and ROI metrics
- Establishes and maintains marketing campaign dashboards/scorecards that lead to actionable insights and recommendations
- Performs research, analysis, and shares insights for marketing, management and other departments as appropriate
- Creates reports and may deliver presentations in PowerPoint and Excel to effectively communicate information to the marketing department and other stakeholders
Marketing Data System Support
- Maintains integrity of data and reconciles accounts between marketing system and host system.
- Appends data to the marketing database system; creating mailing and/or email lists in the absence of the Marketing Database Analyst
- Serves as a back-up to and collaborates with the Marketing Database Analyst
- Stays up to date on procedures for creating direct mail and email lists for special offers
- Runs basic queries and reports on the business intelligence database
- Partners with marketing team to research and enhance the effectiveness of marketing databases and data solutions
- Works with marketing team to determine and/or develop methods used to measure quarterly and annual marketing efforts
- Creates and maintains procedures related to areas of responsibility
- Provides technology support to the marketing team
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels is required.
- Knowledge of database functionality is also required.
- Proficiency with online reporting tools (such as Google/Universal Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends etc.) is required.
- Google/Universal Analytics and Google AdWords certification are preferred.
- Experience working with web site A/B Testing tools preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel) suite are preferred.
- Experience coding in HTML and creating CSS is preferred. Previous experience with tag management solution (ex. Google Tag Manager) is preferred.
- Good technical, analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well independently and as part of a team.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- College degree in computer science, mathematics or related technical field is preferred. Related work experience may be substituted.
- Previous experience with web analytics solutions and databases is required.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Kelley Newsome. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Kelley for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.