FULLERTON, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around …
Sevenly is a social good lifestyle brand that uses art and fashion to raise funds and awareness for a new charity every week. For every product purchased at Sevenly, Sevenly gives back. And in just 3 years, Sevenly has given more than $4.2 million to the world’s greatest causes.
It’s a fantastic business model that has been celebrated by Mashable as “America’s Most Social Small Business” and possibly the next TOMS Shoes. Sevenly was also selected by Facebook for its “10 stories from 10 years of Facebook” campaign …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: Are you a total rock star when it comes to online customer acquisition? Great! You’ve come to the right place. Sevenly needs you ASAP. As our regular readers may know, this year EcommerceRecruiter will handle +200 searches from ~175 companies. And when it comes to their use of social media, Sevenly maybe the slickest of the bunch.
Sevenly is a self-described “cause activation platform.” Every week (7 days) Sevenly partners with a non-profit organizations, creating unique art and limited edition products. For every product sold, Sevenly gives the designated charity $7. For example, if Sevenly sells 1,000 products, the firm would donate $7,000.
Sevenly’s overall goal is to activate intentional generosity and love for others, but it’s a process. Its model is a funnel: There are millions of people who have never supported a charity before, so asking for a monetary donation might be weird. So Sevenly thought, “Let’s encourage people to donate their social influence first. Next, let’s allow people to purchase a product that gives money to a cause they support, and last, let’s encourage these donors to connect deeper with these charities.”
A great idea.
Across the globe, there are thousands of charities in every category imaginable. 74% of worthy, much needed charities, go out of business every single year. The problem is a lack of awareness, funding, and following. Sevenly was formed to help these charities by selling apparel to raise awareness, increase following and provide additional funding.
“Cool,” you say. “So, who’s the target customer?”
Sevenly’s customer base is comprised mostly of Millennials (born 1982-2004), of whom there are 80 million in the United States, controlling 21% of America’s consumer discretionary purchases.
According to a 2012 United Nations report, “Millennials are increasingly acting as the agents of change in society, calling for institutions that are more responsive not only to their needs, but to the national or global concerns, and providing the energy, creative ideas and determination to drive reform.”
Meaning, Sevenly is the perfect business for our times.
Now then: Before I continue let me just say that we have a truly ridiculous amount of information to share with candidates about this company, its market, and this role. Our intake call with Sevenly President Larry Andreini was a 90 minute magic show that included a deep discussion of the firm’s written customer acquisition strategy. Although there are strict limits to what I can disclose in this posting, candidates would be well advised to ask us for this information after applying below.
At a high level, here’s what I can share with you now:
Until recently, Sevenly’s business model involved promoting specially branded charity tee-shirts and hoodies for no more than seven days per item. (For example, Sevenly would sell a one-of-a-kind “Autism Speaks” shirt for 7 days and then donate $7 per sale to Autism Speaks.) Limiting both the duration and depth of a product offer helped Sevenly drive conversions – which is the same strategy used by flash sale sites.
This year Sevenly is making some changes that will allow it to market popular clothing “collections.” Sevenly will still offer specific items for a limited time, but it will now merchandise its best selling items throughout the year. What this means is that the key to winning in this role will be developing the right programs against the right digital channels.
About the Role
Sevenly’s new Customer Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for new customer acquisition campaigns across all digital channels and will develop and execute outbound advertising strategies to drive conversion rates and overall traffic to Sevenly. Success in this role will require data analysis, ad creative development and copywriting, CPC and SEO expertise, strategic partnerships coordination, PR skills, and experience and intuition about consumer preferences and media consumption.
Ideal candidates will already have experience in marketing for a consumer retail or ecommerce business. The client needs a Git-r-done, roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail and analysis and strives for continuous improvement.
One of your top responsibilities will be adding to the traffic being driven by the social influencers to each cause with which Sevenly aligns. It will be your job to leverage these influencers while improving Sevenly’s fortunes through paid advertisements; comparison-shopping engines; affiliate marketers; re-targeting; Referral marketing; organic search; Facebook, PR, Instagram; Pinterest: Tumblr; Twitter, and Email.
Again, we have a great deal of information that we can share with highly qualified candidates. You’ll have to sign an NDA, but only by pouring through these documents and spreadsheets can you understand what a fantastic opportunity this is for the right person. At EcommerceRecruiter, we’re all about transparency, and Sevenly shares those values.
This role is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to use your experience, talents and intuition to save lives and lead a generation back towards a lifestyle of generosity.
If you’d like to know more, please apply below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own Sevenly’s new customer acquisition program on all digital channels in the US.
- Identify and execute cost-effective strategies to acquire high lifetime value customers.
- Develop new channels to drive traffic to Sevenly
- Maximize omni-channel RoAS, ensuring acquired customers meet objectives for overall revenue and volume.
- Collaborate with internal development, creative and merchandising teams to produce customize landing pages for A/B testing
- Optimize the site for SEO rank and to ease customer flow and conversion
- Execute and grow current Affiliate program and Affiliate relationships
- Manage and report daily budgets for all online channels
- Develop a blogger/influencer outreach program in order to grow outbound links and domain authority.
- Coordinate with Sevenly’s marketing partners and other ad platform companies to execute ad buys across social channels.
- Effectively communicate the Sevenly brand and product portfolio across campaigns and creative.
Desired Skills and Expertise
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- College degree – preferred degree – marketing, PR, business, communications, digital marketing, online marketing
- 3-5 years’ prior experience in a customer acquisition related position or industry
- Skilled in Google Adwords & Bing CPC, SEO & SEM
- Experience running an Affiliate network, ie. Commission Junction
- Proficient in Google Analytics & data reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
Other knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job:
- Experience in copywriting & writing press releases
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills & builds solid relationships
- Experience working with or on-boarding influencers/bloggers/celebrities for promotion
- Outreach/event experience
- A heart to be the change they want to see in the world
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)