SAN FRANCISCO, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Benefit Cosmetics in their search for a US Ecommerce Director based in San Francisco, CA. This is one of the coolest SF ecommerce jobs around …
Benefit Cosmetics is the award-winning San Francisco-based makeup brand that believes laughter is the best cosmetic. Known for fun, instant beauty solutions, Benefit provides women with a playful, interactive experiences that are truly unique, bold, and girly. Benefit has enjoyed great success with one-of-a-kind cult products like Benetint, Dr. Feelgood, They’re Real mascara & the POREfessional.
Benefit is one of the fastest growing prestige beauty brands in the business with over 4000 counters in 40 countries. Famous for Brows, Benefit has been arching, waxing and filling brows for over 35 years. With over 1200 Brow Bars & Boutiques worldwide, the brand has become the brow authority where “girls in-the-know get brows on-the-go.”
Essential duties and requirements:
- Direct the US ecommerce channel’s sales, productivity, and profitability through analysis, ideation, and management.
- Develop the ecommerce marketing calendar to align with US retail channels, product launch calendar, and ecommerce objectives.
- Oversee all ecommerce ROI marketing programs including the areas of SEO, paid search, retargeting, display ads, email marketing, affiliate marketing, direct mail, syndication of content into paid channels etc.
- Devise and lead Benefit’s email communications program ensuring they drive sales and brand engagement, and develop lifecycle marketing campaigns to drive loyalty and retention among existing customers.
- Leverage merchandising and content expertise to help develop a best-in-class web experience that maximizes Benefit’s conversion opportunities and encourages more site visits.
- Develop a strong test-and-learn culture for all marketing and email activities to improve customer engagement, acquisition, and site conversion.
- Provide analytics on effectiveness of all digital marketing and ecommerce activities. Execute trend analysis, monitoring and competitive benchmarking.
- Help build Benefit sales on US retailer sites (i.e. Sephora.com, Ulta.com, Macys.com) by sharing best practices, making recommendations, and providing assets.
- Manage Benefit’s fulfillment and finance vendor to ensure operations are running efficiently and effectively.
- Work with Benefit’s customer service team to set policies and strategies and drive high quality customer care appropriate for a prestige brand.
- Manage, lead and develop US Ecommerce team and vendors to achieve Benefit’s goals.
- Manage the department’s budget in order to achieve operating profit goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing ecommerce within a multi-channel company.
- All candidates must have 7+ years previous experience in ecommerce or digital marketing with a strong track record working in the digital space.
- Must be well-versed in customer acquisition and retention techniques with a proven track record in driving significant traffic and sales growth.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a P&L or line of business. Core operational strength and the ability to make the right budget decisions to drive business success.
- Demonstrated experience managing quantitative information and iterative testing to drive business decisions.
- Ability to incorporate a strong aesthetic sense into our work, to evaluate copy and content, and to align marketing messages for a superior customer experience and brand communication.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, develop, and grow teams and to be inspiring to others. Also able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Highly analytical, able to draw conclusions from sales reports, web analytics, and other systems.
- Ability to work well across the organization and with 3rd parties.
- Experience in cosmetics, luxury, fashion, and/or consumer packaged goods a plus.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)