COCONUT GROVE, FL – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with ComfortUp.com in their search for a PHP Developer based in scenic Coconut Grove, Florida. This is one of the coolest PHP Developer jobs around.
ComfortUp.com is a leading online retailer for air conditioning and heating systems, accessories, tools, and supplies. Recently launched, but growing very rapidly and backed by an HVAC industry leader, ComfortUp.com’s team is on an ambitious mission as the firm adds new brands, elevates its shopping experience, expand its operations, and deploys unique marketing strategies to reach and retain targeted shoppers.
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is our second search this year for an HVAC distributor looking to build their direct to consumer business. ComfortUp.com sells HVAC equipment direct to consumers, and the market for HVAC equipment is gargantuan. Global demand for HVAC equipment is expected to increase by 6% per year through 2018, reaching an ultimate aggregate value of $113 billion. The US HVAC equipment manufacturing industry consists of approximately 1500 companies with combined annual revenue of roughly $38 billion. According to industry sources, roughly 20% of the US production of HVAC and commercial refrigeration equipment is exported to markets like Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Australia. The other 80% of that trade is consumed Stateside.
Meaning, the addressable market for ComfortUp.com is $30.4 billion.
ComfortUp.com started his business earlier this year with zero dollars in sales. By the end of this year, ComfortUp.com’s sales will be in the solid multiple seven figures, and the firm expects a CAGR in the 20’s over the next several years. However, to hit those numbers, the company will need a first-rate technology backbone.
That’s where you come in.
To date, ComfortUp.com has managed to grow impressively despite its limited IT infrastructure. Some duct tape can be seen holding together the back end of the business. Not uncommon for young companies. However, now that the ComfortUp.com concept has been proven to the firm’s backers, everyone is ready to invest significantly in ComfortUp.com’s ability to build out its SKU count and explore greater digitally enhanced service offerings, both online and off-line.
Naturally, adding new products and services will require greater collaboration and coordination between ComfortUp.com’s developers. The team’s development cycles tend to be very short – often less than 30 days – meaning, you’ll be expected to contribute very quickly to the teams execution of the development roadmap. Success will be measured by your ability to immediately drive value on projects for the site and execute the rest of the team. Imagine joining a very tight rock band in the middle of its set …
Any clunkers you play will be met with raised eyebrows!
This role is perfect for someone who is interested in working with a great team in an extremely dynamic environment. To rock the roof off of ComfortUp.com, you need to have a passionate interest in making a real contribution to the business. In fact, it’s possible that you could make significant enhancements to the site within your first three or four days on the job. The team is very lean and business-oriented. There’s not a lot of structure at ComfortUp.com — in a GOOD way. Sure, you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with a few unknowns, but you can sleep like a baby at night knowing that the company is well-funded and totally committed to ecommerce.
Think of ComfortUp.com as a venture-backed start-up which has all of the characteristics that would make it an attractive investment:
- Sources of stable and recurring revenue
- Identifiable growth opportunities
- Sustainable margins
- A simple, understandable business
- Significant barriers to entry
ComfortUp.com is taking the latest technologies and applying them to an industry with a very traditional M.O. Selling HVAC equipment directly to homeowners is pretty revolutionary for the HVAC industry. Yet ComfortUp.com’s backers have sworn that they will provide ComfortUp.com the resources and expertise to reinvent everything about the industry from beginning to end, throughout the supply chain. Having worked with other clients in the HVAC space, I’m inclined to agree that the industry is ripe for disruption.
If that sort of thing excites you, hit us up below.
- Passionate: For all things digital; innovative thinker with a good eye for the Web and interest in emerging trends; action-oriented, hungry to make an impact on a fast growing ecommerce property
- Proven: experience delivering truly responsive applications for desktop, tablet, and handsets; front-end development experience (ability to execute or prototype designs)
- Educated: Bachelors Degree (preferably CS), graduate degree a plus
- Self Starting: requires constant innovation and a willingness to try new things, familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Collaborate with product managers and user experience designers to define, scope, prototype, and iterate ecommerce features with the goals of improving conversion and creating a streamlined, engaging commerce experience across platforms and devices.
- Evaluate new features against existing extensions to determine if custom development is needed.
- Configure Magento Enterprise Core functionality and installed extensions and provide training to Store Admins where applicable.
- Write and maintain custom extensions and templates where needed.
- Multitask and prioritize projects, while remaining organized in a changing environment.
ComfortUp.com is a driven, dynamic and entrepreneurial team. If you’re a team player and self-starter, can make others work better, love a fast-paced startup, are resourceful, data driven, action-oriented, creative and willing to pitch-in where needed then we’d love you to apply below!
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.