LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
This is one of the coolest LA ecommerce jobs around! We are working with Pacific Sunwear in their search for a Director of Web Merchandising & Site Experience based in Los Angeles.
PacSun is dedicated to embracing the amazing diversity and unique sense of adventure that California offers at every turn. For over 30 years, PacSun has called California its home, with its offices located in the sun-drenched heart of Orange County. With more than 600 stores and an Ecommerce business primed for growth, PacSun is seeking top-tier, high energy individuals to join an industry-leading team and become a part of the Golden State of Mind.
About the Role …
The Director, Web Merchandising and Digital Experience is a senior-level and highly visible role that will capitalize on the opportunity to transform Ecommerce and Digital at PacSun to a truly strategic and collaborative function. Reporting directly to the VP Ecommerce with dotted line accountability to the SVPs of Men’s and Women’s Merchandising, this new role is both strategic in terms of creating and executing the digital brand vision for PacSun, as well as tactical, driving excellence in optimizing processes and realizing speed to market within a ‘fast fashion’ retailer.
The Director will be responsible for a team of visual web merchandisers, coordinating activities with buyers/planners, and evolving web creative, web photography, and product-related web operations. The Director will work collaboratively with technical functions in order to plan and execute site experience / usability improvements. The Director will also work closely with Brand Marketing and Creative to evolve the Company’s use of digital assets to create and reinforce relevance within PacSun’s target market, across all sales channels.
PacSun seeks a unique web merchandising leader who excels at hands-on tactical execution and strategic thinking, and is extraordinarily collaborative. This person must come from the apparel industry, and be extremely comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment with high visibility to the senior levels of the organization. This represents a large opportunity to create digital leadership within the specialty retail apparel category, and PacSun needs the best!
In this role, you will …
- Create digital merchandising and site experience vision and plan for PacSun, including surfacing and prioritizing product presentation, web site usability, and cross-device improvements to drive increases in conversion rate, Units per Transaction, and Avg. Order Value.
- Collaborate with Buyers, Planners, and manage Visual Web Merchants to plan and execute optimized buys, including creating class-level plans for web exclusives, Core tag-ons, and extended assortments through ‘drop ship’ type relationships. Evaluate and recommend product mix based on historical activity, fashion trends, and other factors.
- Collaborate with Planning and Merchants to develop and manage digital merchandising calendar, including on site and coordinating with traffic driving marketing activities such as email, search/SEO, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
- Provide strategic guidance on web merchandising and site experience best practices to SVPs of Merchandising; collaboratively reach decisions and implement growth strategies.
- Coordinate with Store Ops and Brand Marketing functions to ensure consistency in messaging across channels.
- Collaborate with Merchants, Creative, and Brand Marketing to elevate the PacSun web experience and drive relevance for PacSun’s target market, including use of social media, user generated content, and features such as music and video to enhance the online experience and create engagement.
- Partner with Digital Marketing team to promote campaigns as necessary both off-site and via marketing database, with a view to both online and in-store sales.
- Lead site redesign activities.
- Vision and oversee creation of special merchandising features such as look books and interactive merchandising landing pages.
- Develop merchandising programs that assist in customer understanding of the products and drive conversion and average order values.
- Interpret and create action plans from site usage and campaign performance, including but not limited to category performance, quality of search, and promotional/event performance; develop and explore new analytics to further understand site performance and usage.
- Create excellence in optimization of all web merchandising functions, including: site category listings, search, dynamic navigation, sorting rules, product rankings, ensemble purchasing, and product cross sell and upsells (and other product associations).
- Create and execute personalization plan across devices; perform rigorous A/B testing and utilize site segmentation tools to personalize user experience and drive conversion.
- Serve as the primary owner of the master digital merchandising/marketing calendar, inclusive of site promotional events, features, and digital marketing activities.
- Provides the tactical direction and mentorship for all team members.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.