LOS ANGELES, CA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest content jobs in Los Angeles!
We are working with Transamerica in their search for an Associate Content Strategist in Los Angeles, CA. Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which began operations in 1961, is part of the AEGON USA group of companies. The firm markets individual and group life insurance and annuities and is licensed to provide insurance throughout the US (except for New York and Washington DC). Its products are distributed through agents and brokers, as well as via direct marketing efforts.
Are you passionate about creating compelling, rich online user experiences? Are you a natural “go getter” that easily switches between high-level strategy and tactical deliverables? Working in the Content, Delivery, & Operations group for Transamerica Life & Protection, the content strategist is responsible for producing and presenting sales-oriented and brand-relevant content strategies and copy. The role requires well-demonstrated skills in these areas, solidly informed by user-centric standards.
If you can perform content audits in your sleep and have a proven track record of meeting deliverables, Transamerica wants to hear from you! Transamerica seeks a high-energy individual with five years of experience executing competitive content strategies for robust, Fortune 500 direct to consumer Web sites. Financial Services experience is preferred.
The Associate Content Strategist works closely with interaction designers, visual designers, product managers, and project managers to understand business requirements, analyze user and business needs, define user requirements, inventory existing content, develop and modify standards, as well as write, edit, and proof short form content. The content strategist works closely with business partners to consult on long-term and short-term online content strategies.
- Develop, communicate, and execute a best-in-class content strategy that supports stated business objectives.
- Produce marquee, banner, web page, and Direct Marketing copy for consumer channels.
- Work closely with User Experience, Visual Design and Technology to create interactive experiences that meet user needs and business goals.
- Refine and deliver on brand promise and personality within content deliverables.
- Leverage web analytics, customer insights, and user feedback to assess content effectiveness and recommend solutions to address gaps and shortcomings.
- Analyze business requirements, identify content needs, and set the scope of content deliverables for individual projects and strategic initiatives.
- Socialize and evangelize the discipline of content strategy to partners.
- Supports the Content Strategy Center of Excellence
- Act as a subject matter expert and lead content delivery projects.
- Maintain and define content standards, including governance of content.
- Superb communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly – verbally in large group settings and smaller environments.
- Responsible for communications that have regulatory implications or impact.
- Develops and evolves a variety of communication channels to drive consistent messaging.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead high-energy, large group presentations.
- Five or more years’ experience creating and executing content strategies for large projects.
- Demonstrated ability to define “content strategy” succinctly with your proven methodology.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for content deliverables.
- Deep familiarity with user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Experience managing Enterprise content experiences within SDL Tridion CMS.
- 10% travel may be required.
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)