NEW YORK, NY – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
This is one of the coolest NY ecommerce jobs around! We are working with DailyBurn.com in their search for a world-class Director of Ecommerce based in New York, NY (Zip 10010).
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness brand delivering first-class video workout programs and personalized nutrition plans to help members reach their fitness goals. DailyBurn brings fitness and nutrition to members, anytime, anywhere, by streaming HD-quality workouts in a variety of disciplines from dance and high-intensity cardio to yoga, kettlebells and strength training.
DailyBurn’s elite group of trainers was specifically selected to provide specialized expertise to members through a vast, best-in class library of workouts ranging from beginner to advanced through a multitude of technology platforms. From your computer and TV to your tablet and phone, your workout experience and nutrition advice is only a click away.
Wouldn’t you love to be involved in something like this?? Well, here’s your chance.
The Director of Ecommerce will report to DailyBurn’s Chief Operating Officer and will lead and supervise all of DailyBurn Ecommerce initiatives for physical products. These products initially include a full line of DailyBurn-branded nutritional supplements, DailyBurn-branded apparel and workout equipment (plyo boxes, weights, heart rate monitors), currently available through DailyBurn’s Shopify store.
The Director of Ecommerce will collaborate with cross-functional business units to lead innovation and essentially build the firm’s ecommerce capability from scratch. As such, a “roll up the sleeves” attitude is required to build a new business unit under an up-and-coming fitness brand.
This position is an exciting growth opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset and a demonstrated track record of growing e-commerce revenue. The role is based in DailyBurn’s NYC office.
The Director of Ecommerce must be both analytical and strategic and embrace the challenge of dramatically increasing DailyBurn’s Ecommerce revenue.
- The Director of Ecommerce will own the Ecommerce P&L including product selection, inventory, overseeing of design, product descriptions and marketing (in tandem with the DailyBurn’s marketing team and supplement consultants)
- Work closely with DailyBurn’s product and video production team to incorporate supplements and other products into DailyBurn’s core product and video offering
- Manage DailyBurn’s sales through Amazon and other online and potentially offline retail channels
- Identify and optimize profitable marketing channels (e.g., Search, Display, affiliates), primarily for DailyBurn’s branded supplement line
- Work with marketing support team, design and production to develop marketing units, ads, emails and collateral
- Analyze and report on all Ecommerce initiatives with focus on ROI, increasing unique purchasers of products and enhancing the Lifetime Value of DailyBurn subscribers
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years of direct and hands-on Ecommerce experience
- Deep knowledge of Ecommerce product flow and web store performance optimization
- Ability to identify target customers and audience segments
- With support of Analytics and Finance team, ability to build reports, analyze data and summarize findings for executive team. A strong understanding of the key metrics to drive the business is expected of this executive.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Creative thinker and resourceful problem solver
- Passion for health and fitness a strong plus
- Experience in the nutrition and sport supplementation category a strong plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.