ATLANTA, GA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. To invite Harry Joiner to connect on LinkedIn, use Harry.Joiner@EcommerceRecruiter.com
HARRY’S COMMENTS: We are working with Moxie Interactive in their search for an Data Strategist. Founded in 2000, Moxie is a full-service interactive marketing agency located in Atlanta. In 2006, Moxie was acquired by Zenith Media Services, a Publicis Groupe Company, and the expansion included adding offices in New York and Los Angeles. The firm’s clients include Coca-Cola, L’Oreal USA, Verizon Wireless, Cartoon Network, Turner Broadcasting System, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and 20th Century Fox.
With more than 600 employees, Moxie’s services include: digital media, media strategy buying/planning, online display advertising, search engine marketing (SEM), word of mouth (WOM) marketing, consumer generated media (CGM), research & analytics, social networking, mobile advertising, podcasts/mobile downloads, Web site design and development, ECRM programs, email marketing, digital signage/interactive merchandising, interactive demos, CD/DVD multi-media production, and video/audio production. The firm is famous for its thought leadership, like this.
Now, Moxie is getting into ecommerce consulting – and it needs your help.
While Moxie’s corporate culture is really that of a traditional agency, its brand-new ecommerce consulting service looks to be more of a technology integrator and strategy consulting arm within the agency. Currently, Moxie has one major ecommerce consulting client and a pressing need for staff to manage new ecommerce projects relating to that relationship. I know Moxie’s client very well, having placed their VP of Ecommerce with them last year. Their business is massive, and their ecommerce growth objectives for 2014 are epic in size, scope, cost, and challenge.
But Moxie is well up to the task.
In comparison to other agencies, Moxie has a very long history with most of its clients. Most digital agencies market themselves as one-stop shops for interactive marketing, for example, and because of their myopic focus, they don’t have much repeat business. Moxie’s relationship with its ecommerce client has lasted more than 10 years, which gives Moxie a valuable historical perspective on their client’s business, culture, evolution, and ability to manage the changes that accompany the integration of omnichannel digital commerce into their business. Truly, who better than Moxie to help this client manage this change in how they go to market?
Because of Moxie’s knowledge of the gritty nuts and bolts of direct to consumer ecommerce, it has a unique ability to help its clients understand how every aspect of their value proposition can be digitally enhanced throughout the value chain.
About the role
The Data Strategist will work to provide recommendations and to drive successful outcomes and improve online marketing performance. This position requires consulting, marketing, and analytical skills. The Data Strategist will apply knowledge of online marketing to solve its client’s business problems. This position will work collaboratively with Analytics Leadership and relevant internal and external stakeholders to drive marketing excellence and efficiency for Moxie’s clients.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Analyzing online marketing data to provide insight into the performance of clients’ website and online/interactive marketing programs
- Develop web measurement strategies and reporting of key business metrics
- Provide insights and develops recommendations based on measurement reporting and analysis.
- Modifying and implementing web analytics packages (e.g., Omniture SiteCatalyst & Test&Target)
- Maintain functional expertise in database marketing, integrated channel marketing (including online based channels such as websites, banners, email and search), analytical tools, techniques, and other infrastructure requirements
- Internal account team facing responsibilities representing all marketing analytics (web, online advertising, email, and emerging trends)
- Work closely with respective team members from various disciplines (media, creative, account management, customer insight, trends) within the agency and the client to optimize and coordinate campaign strategies
- Definition of program key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as program measurement methodologies.
- Manage the tracking & reporting deliverables.
- Ensure consistent & relevant analytics designed to optimize & influence strategic direction.
- Develop and manage testing roadmap aligned to strategic direction and a deployment schedule for the program.
- Manage implementation of new capabilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing, mathematics, computer science, economics, or business equivalent preferred
- 5-7 Years in Marketing, Merchandizing, Financial Analysis or Web Analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge of analytics platforms and other business intelligence tools
- Competent in online/offline campaign measurement
- Web analytics and testing tools (Omniture, Test & Target, Discover)
- Ad server experience (Atlas, DART)
- Experimental test design (A/B split, multivariate testing)
- Statistical tools (such as R, SPSS, SAS) and techniques e.g. segmentation, response modeling and lifetime value experience a plus
- Database tools (MySQL, SQL Server, MS Access)
- Understanding of database concepts including normalization, and data integrity
- Visual presentation of data through Excel, MS Access reports, Tableau, Xcelsius, etc.
- Passion for Analytics jobs, Measurement and Testing
- Proven track record of driving analytical insights into tangible results
- Demonstrated thought leadership
- Detail oriented while keeping sight of bigger picture/trends
- Intellectually curious
- Must be a self-starter, with strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent management and time prioritization skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Work autonomously to drive best practice adoption across a wide variety of clients and verticals
- Able to think about both practical and visionary uses of available data
- Deep understanding of marketing, advertising, and customer profiling
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.