DODGEVILLE, WI – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Lands’ End in their search for a Web Marketing Manager based in Dodgeville, WI. Lands’ End is a premier source of apparel and gear for women, men, kids and the home – sold by catalog, online, and nearly 300 Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Since 1963, the firm has earned a reputation for quality, value and exceptional customer service embodied by one simple promise …
Everything Lands’ End sells is Guaranteed. Period.
As a Lands’ End Web Marketing Manager, you will lead the team responsible for all day-to-day business and creative activities involved in maintaining and updating the Business Outfitters public site and over a dozen client online stores. You will also help formulate the division’s ecommerce and Internet strategies and respond to external client needs.
It’s an awesome gig.
Working alongside the division’s catalog team, the ideal candidate would be able to manage and direct all creative and interactive production, translating themes, content, and brand look-and-feel online. Business activities include working with the firm’s call center, National Sales, IT, and QA teams.
In partnership with the firm’s creative team you will apply brand and marketing strategy to an interactive Web Site experience consistent with broader Lands’ End creative (catalog, advertising, press promotions, other projects). The ideal candidate will be confident developing site maps and wire-frames, applying the approved design direction across all Web pages, producing final files and specifications, and coordinating with the information-services development and production groups with minimal supervision.
You should be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have the ability to dive in and get things done. Maturity, ability to plan strategically, and accountability are a must.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Internet industry, ideally ranging from hands-on, front-end coding to interactive and creative design work to directly managing all aspects of a complex e-commerce platform.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to and lead early ideation and business requirements definition.
- Previous experience in presenting design concepts and capabilities to both senior executives and external clients and ability to provide guidance on effectively leveraging capabilities on the Internet.
- Sophisticated understanding of the creative process, including effectiveness in translating business strategy into complex products and executions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of people as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to influence others and provide guidance in how to effectively leverage capabilities in the Internet space
- Ability to manage photo shoots and external studio work
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (through us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.