GREENWOOD, IN – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
For professional consulting, interim executive, and project-based assistance please visit EcommerceConsulting.com.
We are working with One Click Ventures in their search for a Director of Email Marketing based in Greenwood, Indiana — near Indianapolis. This is one of the coolest email marketing jobs around. With two market-leading eyewear brands and a new consumer eyewear brand on the horizon, One Click Ventures is an innovative, fast-growing etailer on a mission to fundamentally alter the eyewear industry. The firm seeks innovative and passionate individuals to help the achieve that goal.
One Click has earned a spot on the Best Places to Work in Indiana list for three consecutive years — largely because of its fun, transparent, and focused work environment. It’s an amazing company that behaves like a start-up but has the benefit of a proven operating model, and established culture, and a winning team. See for yourself …
One Click Ventures is looking for an email marketing mastermind who is no stranger to building brand loyalty through a blend of creativity, business acumen, and unequaled optimization. Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Email Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive retention strategies focused on increasing the lifetime value of customers for the firm’s brands.
This role will be integral to growing OCV’s business and improving the way its customers interact with its brands. OCV wants someone with excellent leadership skills that are equaled by their ability to communicate and collaborate across teams and departments. The firm seeks a dynamo who can do it all, whether it’s proactively leveraging data to identify and implement programs, or providing mentorship to a top-notch team.
You’ll be happy at OCV if you…
- Want to make a sizeable impact in a high-growth business
- Move quickly, make data-driven decisions, and iterate fast
- Are a results-oriented team player with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Have deep empathy for customers and team members
- Want the freedom to do big things
- Love working collaboratively
- Are a quick study; when a new skill is needed to do your job more effectively, you take the initiative to learn it
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Want to drive change in a positive, collaborative, and transparent way
- Are comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
- Want to have fun
- Create and implement programs that drive customer LTV, satisfaction, and retention, including, but not limited to email, social media, direct mail, and loyalty.
- Own P&L for all repeat business for OCV’s brands, including accountability for departmental budget, revenue, margin, and aggressive growth targets
- Drive revenue and profitability through a targeted, personalized, and compelling approach to email and other forms of retention marketing to continually engage with OCV’s customers
- Manage a team (3 today) to help meet retention objectives by hiring, training, inspiring, coaching and setting leadership direction
- Become an expert on OCV’s customers, including all customer lifecycle stages and LTV management
- Develop and manage the long-term plan to meet larger business objectives, and drive both short and long-term planning and strategic initiatives
- Foster a culture of continuous optimization by testing multiple strategies and analyzing results to determine optimal mix of segments, channels, tactics, and next steps
- Partner with cross-functional teams to execute on promotional calendar and core business objectives
- Identify key customer motivators via in-depth data analysis and propose new programs and offerings to meet retention objectives; develop financial models to prove viability/promise of such programs and offerings
- Manage the technology to support the execution of OCV’s retention marketing strategies
- Identify, select, and manage external partners; ensure they meet performance objectives
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, competition, trends, and consumers insights
- Measure and analyze key business metrics and communicate results to senior leadership team
- Full alignment with OCV’s core values– The team lives and run the business by them; make sure they fit with who you are
- 6+ years in email marketing or database marketing roles (retail experience a plus)
- Strong leadership and management capabilities; experience managing teams preferred
- Indisputable track record of producing results by implementing and managing email campaigns driven by personalization, data, customer segmentation, engagement and LTV of customer
- Metrics-driven and ROI-focused with a rigorous, highly analytical approach to management and decision-making based on facts and data
- Strong analytical and Excel skills – ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions and tactical team plans (You love data!)
- The ability to think strategically and plan the overall direction of OCV’s retention strategy, coupled with the need to implement with precision
- Firm grasp of customer lifecycle management and how retention plays throughout it
- Strong proficiency in web analytics (Google Analytics) and testing/optimization techniques
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing, or related field, MBA a plus
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.