DODGEVILLE, WI – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to the “Ecommerce Job of the Day,” click here. To connect with Harry Joiner on Linkedin, visit LinktoHarry.com and use Harry.Joiner [at] EcommerceRecruiter.com.
We are working with Lands’ End in its search for a Sr. Director of Digital Commerce based in Dodgeville, WI. If you don’t know already, Wisconsin rocks. Once you’ve been, you don’t want to go home …
Lands’ End is a premier source of apparel and gear for women, men, kids and the home, sold by catalog, online, and at nearly 300 Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Since 1963, the company has earned a reputation for quality, value and exceptional customer service embodied by one simple promise: “Everything we sell is Guaranteed. Period.” With 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is world renowned for superior customer service and is recognized as an innovator in the industry.
As the Senior Director for Digital Commerce, you are responsible for ensuring flawless execution of brand experience strategies, website product presentation and testing on Landsend.com (desktop, mobile and tablet), ensuring optimized financial results and a high level of customer satisfaction reflective of the firm’s brand. This is one of the biggest ecommerce jobs around.
Reporting to the VP – Digital Marketing, qualified candidates should possess strong business and marketing acumen that allows them to identify and react to emerging trends in the marketplace to ensure the most effective ecommerce/mcommerce, site merchandising and customer experience. Strong cross functional business relationships are critical to effectively executing website, product and brand strategies, while leading broad initiatives.
Additionally, candidates should be inspired by the ability to redefine and/or establish scalable processes to bring the brand and products to market on the site. Candidates should possess strong leadership capabilities to ensure credible and influential relationships across the business, as well as the ability to empower and develop capabilities within the team.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for the growth of online commerce channels, including mobile and tablet over time
- Overall site merchandising – channel presentation of all product assortments and promotions
- Ownership and management of Customer Experience, while collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Design & Aesthetics, Content, Navigation, Information Architecture, Branding/Marketing, Performance, Functionality and Usability
- LandsEnd.com competitive analysis and customer insights
- Collaborative development of channel-informed seasonal and long term growth strategies, tactics, and KPI’s
- Business performance hind sighting
- In-season business optimization recommendations
- Cross-functional partnering to optimize digital marketing campaigns and messaging plans
- eMerchandising tool and overall web capability recommendations
- Digital production process execution for LandsEnd.com (desktop, mobile and tablet), including management of Internet Store & Internet Operations team
- Digital shopping experience (online navigation from entry to exit)
- Product assortment presentation (e.g. item information, price, sequencing, indexing, etc.)
- Internal, Third Party, and Brand promotional content
- Continuous improvement of digital merchandising processes
- Business lead of third party relationships and process, such as Certona, Monetate and other eCommerce tools
To be successful in this role you must be someone who thrives in an ever-changing environment, and leads by example and empowerment. You make informed decisions and communicate skillfully. Qualified candidates will have the following experiences and competencies:
- Experience with online navigation, web merchandising, internet marketing and business analysis within a retail environment
- Experience with process mapping, processes reengineering and change management
- Strong marketing acumen balanced with financial and analytical skills, as well as the ability to think creatively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; ability to manage differing points of views across broad sets of stakeholders and influence an appropriate solution
- Needs to have high collaboration with other internal constituents including Merchant, Inventory Planning, and Creative teams
- Understanding of content management software and processes for sophisticated merchandising placements
- Understanding of eCommerce platforms, technologies and back-end processes
- Experience with web analytics tools, such as Omniture, Coremetrics or Google Analytics
- Demonstrated leadership skills, driving cross functional teams and building high performing teams
- Strategic planning balanced by flawless execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to simplify complex messages and influence ideas and initiatives throughout all levels of the organization
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of eCommerce / Internet Marketing Experience.
- 5+ years of people management & development experience
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (through us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.