LEHIGH VALLEY, PA – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
For professional consulting, interim executive, and project-based assistance please visit EcommerceConsulting.com.
We are working with a confidential client who seeks a Marketing Manager based in Lehigh Valley, PA. This client seeks an experienced Marketing Manager with extensive ecommerce capabilities. This is one of the coolest ecommerce careers in Lehigh Valley!
The Marketing Manager will assist in the development of the company’s marketing plans, activities and supporting budgets with a particular focus on the profitable implementation and management of multiple communication channels, media and customer touch points.
Responsibilities include driving results through any combination of the firm’s print catalog, website, emails, and miscellaneous direct mail and print pieces, such as postcards and package stuffers. In this position, you will …
- Research and conduct analysis of campaigns to ensure the continued refinement of these programs,
- Monitor and adjust programs and campaigns to insure profitable results and optimal allocation of resources,
- Monitor competitive activity and make recommendations as needed to senior management, and
- Analyze website metrics for product, category and referral source activity while recommending improvements to associated marketing promotions.
- Act as a strong functional leader with a demonstrated integrated, strategic marketing expertise and capabilities across multiple marketing channels (catalog, direct mail, email, SEO, SEM, display, PR and social media, etc)
- Boost traffic, customer loyalty, and create brand awareness through various online channels and activities
- Demonstrate stellar abilities with marketing messaging, testing, analytics to make effective data driven recommendations and decisions with high impact results
- Manage campaigns and partner relationships to facilitate campaign strategic planning, optimization and reporting
- Exhibit strong analytical skills in a PC environment (Excel)
- Leverage experience in catalog circulation and list management and rental. (You must have a functional understanding of circulation planning, analysis and projections.)
- Suggest optimization tactics based on the identification of trends and gaps from data analysis
- Identify and report on key performance indicators and opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrate experience of online advertising models (CPM, CPA, CPC), as well as conversion analysis, ROI analysis and customer acquisition cost analysis
- Demonstrate experience in prospecting and customer acquisition campaigns
- Be familiar with a variety of Direct Marketing concepts, practices, and procedures including RFM scoring
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of tasks and directing the work of others. This may include identifying and developing high-potential team members.
- Assume increased levels of responsibility while working effectively in an entrepreneurial culture. (This will require superb team building skills and meeting competing project / campaign deadlines.)
- Research and identify relevant new technologies and digital marketing strategies to improve the firm’s marketing efforts
- Develop near and long-term strategies and roadmaps while executing day-to-day tactics that increase site traffic, leads and exposure
- Drive continued innovation and best practices implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the marketing and product development teams plus senior management
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing/optimization and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Minimum 5-7 years direct marketing experience in catalog and ecommerce marketing
- Experience in driving leads/sales for websites with large inventory / listings
- High-potential professional with strong desire to grow quickly and assume significant responsibility
- Strong capabilities in customer insight, positioning, and messaging
- Experience in leveraging and integrating social presence into the customer experience
- Analytical and creative problem-solver with a focus on fiscal responsibility
- Experience in driving projects to completion, leveraging expertise and resources towards a defined goal; specific experience in working with IT to drive projects
- Effective communicator within department and cross-functionally
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change and commitment to continuous learning
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces (Omniture and Google Analytics) is required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be a highly organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- Must be extremely self-motivated, a strong team player, and possess a high degree of creativity
UPDATE: THIS SEARCH IS CLOSED.
PS – If you’re thinking about changing jobs this year (though us or anyone else), you might want to check out this post on why even TOP candidates get rejected.